Harlands late payment ‘admin fee’

L1rud
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2067 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi there,

First post!

I’m a student an as it is summer and i’ve not been getting my student loan recently and only work part time i’ve struggled a little with money recently. My DD for xercise for less failed. Like many others on here i’ve been charged that famous £25 ‘admin fee’ in an email.

The email reads:

Harlands administer the collection of all payments due under your agreement with Xercise 4 Less. Your bank have advised us that your August instalment has been returned unpaid "refer to payer" as there were insufficient funds in the account to pay the amount due.

We will therefore debit your account on 23 AUG 18 for the total amount of £36.99 made up as follows:

Instalment Amount £11.99

Administration Fee £25.00

Total Due £36.99

You’ll see that it says they will debit my account on 23rd Aug. I dont get paid until 24th so i’m assuming they will then add a further £25 ‘admin fee’.

After reading various related threads on here i came to the conclusion that i don’t wish to pay the £50 ‘admin fees’ that i will inevitably be charged and so cancelled my direct debit. Afterall, this is the first payment delay there’s been in the entire 15 months ive been attending the gym.

I’m thinking about emailing they gym and, alike to other posters on here, offering them their August membership fee that I owe and then hopefully continue with my membership. I’m aware by cancelling my DD i’ve probably tarnished my relationship with the gym but I just think the fees are extortionate.

Thanks in advance

moved to the gyms forum

you've got the right idea!

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi L1 and welcome to CAG

Well done for cancelling the DD mandate. If you left it active they'd have used it again and again, possibly costing you bank charges each and every time.

Don't bother emailing the gym for now - they will not be interested at all.

Write a letter (not email) to Harlands telling them you are cancelling the gym m/ship immediately due to them trying to use the DD mandate to collect unlawful admin fees.

Or, if you prefer, offer to pay them the missed payment if they agree to waive their unlawful admin fees (which they won't so it's really a waste of your time) and let you remain a member like you have been for the last year and more.

Keep us posted please.

:-)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)