I do not have a P45 - can i claim universal credit without it ?

jaffacake2000
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2046 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

The company i used to work for has closed down, I do not have a P45 to claim benefits and I am unable to contact them by phone or in person. The company no longer exists, theres another shop there instead which has opened up.

I only have payslips from December 2017 which is another company i used to work for (and I was paid cash-in-hand). These small busineses did not give us payslips but only when we needed one and asked for it they would supply it.

Will I able to get universal credit if i dont have a P45 or payslips ?

What will happen now ?

Hi

The company i used to work for has closed down, I do not have a P45 to claim benefits and I am unable to contact them by phone or in person. The company no longer exists, theres another shop there instead which has opened up.

I only have payslips from December 2017 which is another company i used to work for (and I was paid cash-in-hand). These small busineses did not give us payslips but only when we needed one and asked for it they would supply it.

Will I able to get universal credit if i dont have a P45 or payslips ?

What will happen now ?

Only if you were a foreign citizen or a UK citizen who had been absent from the UK so needed a Habitual Residency test, would you need to provide pay slips. And even then you could apply to HMRC for your tax records, which should show employment pay reported.

So apply for UC and just answer all of the questions accurately in the online application. Once you have done that, you will need to call UC to book a first Job Centre appointment.

Just follow the process advised on the online application.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

ok, thank you for your assistance and I will do as advised.

So, just to be clear, in-case the UC staff at the jobcentre were persistant or refusing to accept without those documents, I understand that i dont need to provide a P45 or payslips if i dont have any ?

Edited by jaffacake2000