Marc Gander - The Consumer Survival Handbook

A 220 page introduction to all things consumer related by our own BankFodder.

Includes energy companies, mobile phone providers, retailers, banks, insurance companies,debt collection agencies, reclaim companies, secondhand car sellers, cowboy garages, cowboy builders and all the rest who put their own profits before you.

£6.99

Patricia Pearl - Small Claims Procedure - A Practical Guide

An excellent guide for the layperson in how to use the County Court - a must if you are intending to start a claim.

£19.99 + £1.50 (P&P)

+ Reply to Thread
    Basic Account Holder
    Do you record your calls?
    You'll regret it if you don't.
    andydgg Novitiate

Follow Real_CAG on Twitter
    Cagger since : Oct 2017

Default Iresa/Octopus Energy supplier.

I was sent a demand by email from Octopus for over 500,
    immediate payment,
    which they say is what I owed to Iresa,
    I've no idea who octopus are bit they're quoting ofgem and all sorts,

they reduced it to 400 when I queried it,
    they are saying I was underpaying Iresa!
    What's going on?

Octopus have threatened me with collection agency already!
    I had a DDicon taken out of my bank yesterday to IresaOctopus for the usual monthly payment I was making to Iresa,
    should I cancel this DD?

I know I need to check back and see exactly how much I've paid to Iresa,
    I know they took extra out of my account in January to cover underpayments over the year,
    and I'm going to book an appointment with CAB,

atm I'm on holiday and worrying about this!

Site Team dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk's Avatar

Cagger since : Dec 2006

Default Re: Ofgem Investigation into Iresa and its compliance with its obligations under its gas and electricity

a DCAicon is not a bailiff and is totally powerless

Basic Account Holder
    andydgg Novitiate

Default Re: Ofgem Investigation into Iresa and its compliance with its obligations under its gas and electricity

cheers, I'm on holiday atm and worrying about the emails I'm getting demanding hundreds of pounds.

Site Team dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk's Avatar

did you opt for an online only account?
    if not block and bounce their emails and emails ad

Basic Account Holder
    andydgg Novitiate

Default Iresa/Octopus Energy supplier.

I got an email saying Iresa, my energy supplier, was going bust and Octopus were taking over.

I've been sent a demand by email from Octopus for over 500,
    immediate payment,
    which they say is what I owed to Iresa.

I've no idea who octopus are but they're quoting ofgem and all sorts.

They've reduced the demand to 400 when I queried it,
    They are saying I was underpaying Iresa!

Octopus have threatened me with collection agency already!

I had a DDicon taken out of my bank yesterday to IresaOctopus for the usual monthly payment I was making to Iresa,
    should I cancel this DD?

I know I need to check back and see exactly how much I've paid to Iresa,
    I know they took extra out of my account in January to cover underpayments over the year.
    I'm going to book an appointment with CAB,

atm I'm on holiday and worrying about this!

Any help appreciated.

Basic Account Holder
    andydgg Novitiate

afaia all Iresa accounts were online only. That was my first thought, to insist they write to me by letter, not email.

Default Re: Iresa/Octopus Energy supplier.

thread moved to utils forum
    post tidied

redact the emails of pers info and post them here please
    then the experts will begin to help when they see the thread

pers I would sent them ONE email reply
    stating please WRITE to me not use email
    this email address is NOT to be further used for any communication regarding the inherited account from Iresa.

I am aware you have inherited this account due to the Ofcom decision to close Iresa, I dispute any outstanding balance

dx

Basic Account Holder
    andydgg Novitiate

" Hi Andy,

Sorry if you feel pressured by us to make a payment - we absolutely do not expect you to pay any outstanding amount in one go. On clicking I agree, you can choose to have the debit transferred to your Octopus account. We can then discuss setting up a payment plan which you're comfortable with, or temporarily increasing your direct debiticon to pay off the debt over time.

To reassure you, I double checked the bill and based on the readings you gave, the overcharge is around 52, so we're prepared to lower the outstanding balance to only 400. We need to make sure that people are paying for the energy they've used, but we don't want to chase false debt, and it would be unfair of us to ask for the full amount simply because Iresa failed to conduct a payment adequacy for your account.

Best,
    Anthony "

they are now offering to take on the debt (?), and offering me to pay it up, I've replied; thank you for your reply.
    Please write to me regarding this issue, I do not want this email address to be used for any communication regarding the inherited account from Iresa.
    I am aware you have inherited this account due to the OFGEM decision to close Iresa. I dispute any outstanding balance.

Follows
    Following

Basic Account Holder
    andydgg Novitiate

They've no agreed to take on the debt (?) and saying that if I agree they'll sort out a repayment planicon. I paid extra to Iresa in March to cover underpayments so don't know how they come up with their figure. I've emailed them asking them to write to me.

SARicon time me thinks?

Basic Account Holder
    ASIIndustries Novitiate ASIIndustries's Avatar

Cagger since : May 2006

Greetings I too am an ex-Iresa customer, fortuately for me the transfer to Octopus Energy went
    without issue, however my direct debiticon is to Iresa is still active and was paid on 10th of the month,
    the extra Direct Debit to Octopus Energy on 20 August never happened, and finally after the switch
    was completed to Octopus Energy they said that my Iresa acount was shut-down,
    when in fact my Iresa on-line account is still active, even today.

Why don't you log-in to your Iresa Energy online account and grab the data!

Basic Account Holder
    paul9 Novitiate

Cagger since : Jun 2011

Hi Andyddg

I was also with Iresa, and am in the same position as yourself, when I received my final bill, my gas consumption for July was 1400 cubic meters, I don't us that in a year!.

I clicked on the disagree button and supplied them with my meter readings for Gas & Elec, and also queried the electric readings as I have had a smart meter fitted and have solar panels, yet according to the meter I have used 1200KWH in 40 days, something not right there, and have been informed that the meter may not be set correctly and is charging me for power generated as well.

In response to the bill they have sent me an offer of 97 ish, but haven't attached any bill or breakdown of how this was arrived at, so I have requested it and also asked where my payment taken in August has gone?

My Iresa account is still active, and I have downloaded the last 12 months of bills, if you can do that it will give you an indication of your consumption and allow you to compare what they are saying you have used, and also give you the ammo required to challenge them.

As for the DCAicon threat, I think it would be a foolish move on their part whilst the final bill is in dispute.

Hope that will help you in some way.

Paul9

DCAicon's are powerless
    they are not bailiffs and have zero legal powers
    what do ofgen say about all this?

Basic Account Holder
    andydgg Novitiate

ofgem are having a look for me.

I've logged into my iresa account but I'm not so sure the figures there are correct, I'll need to work out how much electric I used and then work out how much is owed.

Octopus have created an account for me and it just shows the last DDicon payment.
    I've cancelled the DD and told Octopus to write to me about this issue.

In the mean time I don't know how much Octopus are going to try and charge me, and I want to switch as soon as possible, they did send an email saying my Octopus account was up and running from the 21st and I could now switch, but I'm thinking if I do switch now it'll only complicate matters more.

Basic Account Holder
    andydgg Novitiate

after me asking them to write they've emailed asking me to agree or disagree with their offer. I get the feeling they're trying to rush me.

block and bounce the email

you did tell them writing only not by email before?

Basic Account Holder
    andydgg Novitiate

yes, they've included my previous emails in this latest one. I think switching would be the thing to do atm and let them chase me for the money owed, any opinions appreciated.

Yes i would

Basic Account Holder
    andydgg Novitiate

only thing stopping me press the switch button is that then they'll demand immediate and full payment for whatever is owed to iresa. Whereas if I stay they'll let me pay it up.

pers I don't think they'll do that.

would be very bad publicity for them if they made you pay it off in one go
    IF you owe anything

Reclaim the Right Ltd. - reg.05783665 in the UK reg. office:- 923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE
We use cookies to personalise content and ads and to provide social media features. We also share information about your use of our site with our advertising and analytics partners. See details