Another bank account closed I'm concerned

thecookiemonster
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2041 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello, recently my NatWest bank account was unexpectedly closed due to an apparent commercial decision by the bank.

So as I've only now got 1 bank account I apply to open a basic bank account with HSBC which was accepted.

I received the pin and was waiting for the card to arrive and today I receive this letter.

It states that following a review of my application, we regret to advise you thar we no longer wish to provide you with a bank account and that they are closing it.

Closing a basic bank account seems extreme, feels like I've been blacklisted or something.

It's signed by the fraud operations, financial crime risk operations team.

This is really concerning as I know I haven't done anything wrong, but something strange is going on here.

Makes me wonder if my main account where my income goes will end up being closed too?

Will this kind of thing affect my disability benefits?

I have enough to deal with given all my health problems let alone all of this.

Who is your current account with now ?

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

It also revealed that the Financial Ombudsman Service (FOS) was dealing with 20 to 30 complaints a week about bank account closures. However, when Money spoke to the FOS this week, it estimated that the figure was now nearer 80-90 a week.

https://www.theguardian.com/money/2018/feb/03/natwest-closed-my-account-with-no-explanation

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Thanks for that, I read that after reading up when my NatWest Account was closed down, shouldn’t be allowed and it’s very concerning because if I lose my Lloyd’s account as well, I won’t be able to receive my income, this kind of thing seems to be getting worse.

• 4 weeks later...

i have had the same problem with lloyds tsb about 4 years ago. they close it without any reason, just got the letter. tried opening bank account with other banks but, all declined. i haven't had the bank account since. i have to use my wife's account.

i have had the same problem with lloyds tsb about 4 years ago. they close it without any reason, just got the letter. tried opening bank account with other banks but, all declined. i haven't had the bank account since. i have to use my wife's account.

Then you need to get in contact with CIFAS and see what the deal is. That will be the reason for you not being able to open an account - Even a basic one.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

My daughter cannot even get an account in her name due to a fraud from 2004. Someone tried to open an account in her name but got the middle name wrong. Her middle name is Julie however the fraudsters used Jane. Another trick they used was to order stuff in her name at an old address and when the delivery wasn't completed (as she wasn't there) the courier tried the next door neighbour (the fraudsters). The amount of debt collectors chasing her for these debts has been unreal but now they are all Statute Barred.

The damage has been done though. She has no credit history so the banks (as well as CIFAS) refuse her an account. She uses her husbands account.

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE