Harlands demand admin fees

Pablo.rod
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2054 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello

This is my first day and my first post.

I was on exercice4less and I leave it because I come back to my country (Spain) and I send them a proof that I was in Spain, and I owe 11£ to the gym but they send me to HARDLANDS and now they want the ADMIN FEES (25£ each) and now I must pay them 98.98, they are texting to much and they want admin fee 1 or 2 times per month.

I am coming back to Spain in 19/Oct/2018.

Maybe I come back in the future.

The question is what I should do?

Pay them?

Go to Spain and forget that pay?

HELP!

Thanks for reading.

Edited by Andyorch
Paras /typos

Hi Pablo and welcome to CAG

I've moved your post into your own thread for you to use from now on.

If you are now in Spain, I suggest you ignore all demands and contact from Harlands/CRS.

The admin fees they demand are not lawful.

Don't reply to any contact from Harlands/CRS but let us know if they continue to make demands if you return to the UK.

:-)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

Hi Pablo,

Cancel the DD mandate with your bank immediately if still necessary but I assumed you had already done this.

Please let us know when the DD was cancelled.

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello again.

I receive the following email from hardlands because I cancell my gym membership.

And I should pay to exercice4less 10.95 £ but it's growing with the admin fees

This message is from CREDIT RESOLUTION SERVICES

RE: Harlands Reference: xxxxxxxx

Xercise 4 Less Reference: xxxxxxxx

OUTSTANDING BALANCE: £ 1xx.xx

We have been advised by Harlands, that you have stopped making payments under your membership

agreement with Xercise 4 Less.

Your balance of £ 1xx.xx is now due to be paid in full, by no later than 9 September 18.

The Harlands telephone lines are open 9.00am to 1.00pm and 2.00pm to 5.00pm Monday to Friday. You should

call HARLANDS HELPLINE as soon as possible on 01444 449 162 and pay the balance by Credit/Debit card.

Harlands would like to resolve this matter before further action is needed. However, under your agreement with

Harlands, you have promised to pay this debt. If you continue to refuse to honour that commitment, Harlands will

have no option but to take legal steps to collect the outstanding balance.

If you are unable to settle the balance in full, you should call Harlands immediately as they are able to discuss

other repayment options.

Yours sincerely,

For Credit Resolution Services

Robert Smith

THANKS FOR YOUR HELP

Edited by slick132
removed identifiers

Hi Pab,

Identifying info has been removed from the above post. Best to stay anonymous here on CAG

You didn't answer my last post - when did you cancel the DD mandate.

Ignore the demands nearly £150 - no need to reply to them at all.

Hello SLICK132.

I don't know exactly what's DD but I guess that its means when I went to the bank and I said to don't let to the gym take more money from my account, it happens around august-september 2017.

And you text me to don't pay when is nearly 150£ but this amount starts from 10.95£.

What happen if I don't pay this new company?

When they will stop raising that "stupid" amount?

I don't want to pay in the future thousands of pounds because is growing to fast.

What can I do against them?

This is my problem number one, It's always making me think to much.

Thank you for your time.

Hi Pab,

Read other threads here and you will see the same story again and again - gym members are told they owe Harlands/CRS increasing amounts of money because they add more admin fees.

Harlands manage the monthly collection of gym fees using the DD (Direct Debit mandate) that you signed when you joined the gym.

Harlands and CRS are the same company but they pretend CRS are a separate debt collection company.

There's no new company and you should not pay Harlands/CRS any money at all. Just ignore the demands for now.

Do not worry about this at all - there's nothing they will do except ask you to pay money you don not owe.

Stop worrying about this - it is not a problem.

Block and bounce their emails

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...