P4 Parking windscreen PCN - DYL Woolwich London.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1986 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• 1 month later...

Morning all,

So I received a NTK on 05.10.18 - within the 56 day guideline.

Few things to mention:

- NTK has been sent by TNC parking services and not P4 Parking.

- The location of the parking charge stated on the NTK is incorrect.

- In the third paragraph, the NTK refers to “the car park” which surely contradicts the double yellow ‘contravention’.

- Issue time of the parking charge on the NTK (18.00) is different to the issue time on the parking charge notice (17.59).

Not sure if the last point is that relevant as it’s only 1 minute out but decided to mention it as it appears to be relevant to what is stated in POFA schedule 4, 9(2)(a).

Apparently, TNC obtained the keepers details from DVLA using a “reasonable cause request”. I had a look at the DVLA form entitled “Request information if your company issues parking or trespass charge notices (form V888/3)” (link below)

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/v8883-request-for-information-for-those-who-issue-a-parking-charge-notice

The declaration (section 7) and section 5 guidance notes mention that the information requested should not be passed onto third parties. Not sure how this sits with POFA schedule 4, 11 (1) though??

Would be ace if you guys could take a look at the latest developments and let me know what you think.

Do I need to be sending a complaint to the DVLA? Or do I need to send an appeal to Pathetic Parking listing the above errors and threaten to report them to the DVLA??

Thanks in advance

NB. Copy of letter and mentioned sections of V888/3 form attached.

NTK & DVLA form.pdf

seems like they don't know if they are operating as a parking company or a DCA here.....

me thinks they are a dca and need to be registered as such

I think the give away here is …..credit solutions since 1973.

no PPC existed in 1973!!

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

but who are they writing as....

it looks to me that a ppc is a part of their group of companies

that being p4p, but im not convinced...

let the experts wake up...

and they

TNC group services are a separate company to P4 Parking but they are members of the BPA in their own right and as such may have the right to get details from the DVLA. I would question this as it is P4 that issued the original ticket so I would contact the DVLA to find out who actually got the keeper details. I can't see TNC doing this as they would have had no interest in this matter until they were assigned the case.

The letter itself will be a template and some uneducated person didn't fill it in properly so the location should be challenged if this ever saw a court, which I doubt. For the whole of 2018 (so far) P4 have taken just two cases to court but we don't know if P4 won or lost the case. They are a small company who tend to rely on manual ticketing only.

I have had a look at the images again and the double yellow lines start in Arsenal Way and progress around the corner. IMO, if the DYL were part of the area covered by P4, they would start from inside Duke of Wellington Avenue and continue on, NOT start in Arsenal Way and finish in DoWA so again I say that you were not parked in the area covered by P4 and as such, a possible breach of the GDPR would occur and if P4 were stupid enough to try it on in court, a possible counterclaim could cause them to think again. Just my opinion of course.

Trespass is the only thing I can see in the area and that means the landowner, not P4, can take action.

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

several things wrong with this demand, the amount is wrong as they cant charge an admin fee for issuing the NTK and also no proepr service address as PO box no isnt a legal addy. Anyways a third party cant issue the NTK without other conditions being met and they cna never meet them because the original parking co isnt allowed in law to pass on the data necessary for this. I woudl say that the GDPR has already been breached as they are not acting in any capacity that would entitle them to process your data.

They fail to say who the creditor is and make it clar P4 are only contracted as managers so not them so not even an invoice.

@ silverfox1961 - Thanks for the info, I will contact the DVLA.

@ ericsbrother - did question that myself re. the admin fee. Also thanks for the heads up about the PO box address.

So just to be clear on next steps... do I need to bother myself with submitting an appeal including the aforementioned points and a request for cancellation or POPLA code. Or do I do nothing and wait it out? Only thing with the latter is that I could do without the aggro of bailiffs/car clamping.

Where have you got this rubbish about bailiffs and car clamping from??

and they

I wouldn’t put it past TNC trying their luck. Isn’t this what these private parking companies/DCAs thrive on.... scaremongering and taking advantage of individuals naivety of the law?

Before I came across this website I would have probably appealed thinking these people would be reasonable and then when they rejected the appeal, give in and provide them with my hard earned money!

car clamping was outlawed in 2012 by anyone other than court appointed bailiffs

and they cant ever be involved until you lose a court claim

fail to pay it with 28days

and the court agrees to send bailiffs.

please remember no DCA, nor anyone have ANY legal powers they are NOT BAILIFFS

and have

ZERO legal powers

and they

100% agree with DX. I suspect that this will go nowhere but always be alert to the possibility. As you so rightly say, a reasonable person would assume that parking companies have the publics interests at heart to stop unlawful parking and making more spaces available to others. I wish that was true.

It is always about the money. Nothing more, nothing less.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

my advice is to ignore them until such point they actually issue a letter before action and then see who claims to be the interested party.

As said, so far they havent identified who is claiming to be the creditor and although a company can slap tickets on your car on behalf of someone else that should be made clear from the outset.

It also makes you wonder who has got the agreements with the landowner as I see it as they will have big trouble with agency over this.

This also opens the question on who are you appealing to and about what?

I would say that any attempt to appeal will only make things harder for yourself so as said, leave it and see who crawls out of the woodwork next and let them make some more mistakes at their own expense.

• 3 weeks later...

Not often I get to say this nowadays but IF a doorstep collection agent calls, point at your doorstep and say 'Help Yourself' :madgrin:

Seriously though. Add this letter to your ever growing pile. It means nothing.

so they need to seek approval to break the law? the problem is they cant prove the debt is genuine.

It is a shame that you dont live in Northern Ireland where it is legal to keep lions and tigers as pets without a licence. Can you imagine a doorstepper's face then?

basically a common threatogram.