CEX problem with phone

songbird123
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2047 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I purchased a Samsung Galaxy S6 from CEX on the 2/3/18 which included a 24 month warranty.

After three weeks the camera was having trouble focusing and the phone was actually sizzling in my hand.

The lack of focus ,sizzling noise and vibration went on for approximately four seconds.

The phone also felt hot on the back like it was overeating.

The first thing I did was make sure that my screen was clean and that my camera lens was clean and free of dust, which it was.

I went into the store to speak with the manager and was asked to leave the phone for an hour which I did and I have a receipt to prove this, only to be told that there was a crack in my camera lens and that this was the problem.

I was shocked as I would have noticed this but they just went on to tell me that they would not have sold me the phone like this.

I had my phone in a good protective case and never and never put my phone in my pocket or sat on it which was what he was insinuating.

Since then more problems are developed with the phone e.g. my voice echoes back to me when making phone calls, the person I'm speaking to sounds like they are underwater and very often cuts out. I rely on my phone to watch YouTube videos and podcasts for my degree and my grandson likes to watch ABC on you tube and it's very frustrating when it just cuts out randomly.

I was told that I had to get the lens replaced before they would attempt to deal with the problem because they reckoned that this was the problem.

I made enquiries with several reputable phone technicians and was informed that I would be wasting my money having the lens replaced as the problem was much more than an issue with the lens.

After going back to the store and asking to speak with the area manager and being told he is not available and he will only tell you the same , I was also informed that my warranty was no longer valid due to cosmetic damage.

I have written to head office and the store using recorded delivery but neither have had the decency to reply.

I have been told by trading standards that my issue is with the store not head office and to send them before action letter stating my rights and the consumer rights act 2015.

I made it clear that I would expect a reply within 14 days of the letter which was dated 24 July 2018 or I will be issuing proceedings in the county court without further notice.

The phone cost me £185.00 and I requested a refund in full.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Two one word posts removed. Songbird, if you're wondering why there haven't been instant replies it's because you only posted about 20 minutes ago. We're a forum rather than a chat service so people will answer you if they think they know the answers to your questions. :)

HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

I don't know how CEX operate, but check that guarantee to see if it says anything about cosmetic damage voiding it. From looking at the warranty online it makes no mention of this. I'd ask them to point this out to you.

As an aside - I had a Galaxy S6 for a couple of years and it spent at least a year of that without a lens cover - it had none of your reported problems.

Hi Clemma , it says nothing on warranty about cosmetic damage . It says within 6 months exchange or full refund and after that exchange or refund to

the value it's worth at that time . They have had 2 opportunities to fix the phone as I left it with them and have 2 receipts to prove that. The place is run by young immature boys smirking and arguing with customers and god knows what they do to your phone when you leave it with them, cosmetic damage us my guess .

Someone else will likely be along soon but it looks like you'll have to begin court proceedings. I couldn't tell you where to start with that I'm afraid. But there are many knowledgeable people on here :)

forget warranties etc etc

they don't replace your rights under CRA.

if you notified them within 30days of any fault then you can invoke your short-term right to return

WRITE to them and tell them you want a full refund as not fit for purpose or your next move will be a court claim.

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...