Police rammed my front door by mistake

king12345
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2076 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi caggers,

a bit of an odd one which somehow I knew it was going to happen.

I have a flat that I rent out and up to 2015 I had a tenant who was done for driving without insurance.

Many police visits in which it was always made clear that he had moved and proof provided.

Fast forward to last December and the tenant who now lives there received some paperwork from the court.

I took it to the police station and told them that I knew what it was.

They opened it and took notes of the fact this bad boy wasn't living there anymore.

Last week my tenant got a visit from two police officers looking for the bad boy.

She showed them her bills and tenancy agreement and they left.

Today she phoned me because she came back home to find the door smashed and coppers all over the place.

They left after she showed them the same documentation as before.

No apology.

Before I go to the police station and ram their door down, what are my rights?

Do they have to pay for a new door or is there some sort of crazy law making me a couple of grand worse off?

Thanks

Edited by dx100uk
spacing

nope they should be paying up.

they don't usual argue once they know they boobed.

you might already find its in progress...…

don't forgte it was secretly diamond encrusted:lol:

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I have to agree the way to go is a written Formal Complaint to the Chief Inspector.

Something to consider asking is who authorised this action and if a warrant was obtained to carry out this action and if so under what circumstances after the numerous times you the Landlord of the Property has provided evidence this bad boy no longer resides at that property as a new tenant reside at the property.

I would also say that the Tenant of the Property also needs to make a Formal Complaint to the Police as well about there action and the distress they caused as this incident involved them as well as them damaging the Landlords Property.

Hit them from both angles Landlord & Tenant.

How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

They replied asking to submit a claim to their "insurance and claims services".

There's also a telephone number, so I'll call them tomorrow and see what they say.

It must be quite a common thing if they have a dedicated address and telephone number.