Nursery poor service - complaint, now court - advice please

123kc
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1977 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Is there anything to mediate over ?

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Well you can still opt for mediation to show that you are willing to discuss and allow the defendant to settle without further costs and court time...shows you are being amicable...you dont have to accept a penny less but it would allow for them to settle without section 69 interest being awarded should it proceed to trial.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

Well mediation facilitates this doubt...but if your claim is strong and correct...you really should have nothing to fear.

Just chipping in here:

you should put up your claim in PDF format and also the defence in PDF format. It is essential that the people who are helping you here are fully informed and have the exact document in front of them.

Secondly, any published policies will be considered to be part of the contract in addition to terms and conditions. They are a series of related documents which inform the agreement which you have with the nursery. Make sure that you get screenshots of them all and you will eventually include them in your court bundle.

Thirdly, I would suggest that you send an FOIA request to OFSTED – you never know what other issues have been raised relating to this nursery and which could be helpful to you.

@BankFodder - with regards to the FOIA request - can I just ask for a log of all complaints made to the provider or should my request be more generic?

• 1 month later...

Hi all,

Jus to give you an update.

We have received notification from the court to attend a preliminary hearing which will last around 20 mins. Can someone confirm what to expect as part of this?

FOI request was denied unfortunately and Ofsted would not confirm any information relating to complaints against the nursery.

It will be a Case Management Conference to determine directions and how/if the claim will proceed...nothing to worry about but be armed with your particulars and evidence in case he judge queries anything..then you have your details to hand.

https://www.justice.gov.uk/courts/procedure-rules/civil/standard-directions/general/case-management

https://www.inbrief.co.uk/preparing-for-trial/attending-a-case-management-conference/

Andy