Should I Advise Creditors of New Address

MurphyW
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2048 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I have recently moved and have a dilemma how to advise some old credit card debt creditors that I have moved as do not wish to have them contacting a rented property that I no longer live at.

Most of the debts are with DCA's as have been sold by the original card issuers. There are no CCA's available for the alleged debt but they are not Statute Barred yet.

A couple of cards I have not heard from the original issuer for some time and don't know if they have been sold.

What is the best way to phrase an advice of new address without accepting liability for the alleged debts?

Something along the lines of: -

"I am in receipt of your recent letter requesting payment of the above alleged debt. However, as you have failed to provide a valid original CCA I do not acknowledge any debt to your company but advise that any future correspondence in relation to the monies related to the original CCA should now be sent to me at "New Address" in writing. Yours etc..."

Any help or suggestions please?

Murphy

Edited by Andyorch
Paras

Yes fine...as long as they have your new address...ask that they acknowledge..you need conformation.

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Dont waste money

Use free proof of posting at the po counter 2nd class is ok

You only need to prove you sent it, not they received it AFAIK

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Thanks for the advice DX. Will do that.

Queens King, I totally agree and I don't pay them anything except for one that does have an agreements and that I have a repayment plan with.

Just need to ensure that they don't try going for a CCJ behind my back to the old address.

Thanks for your comment.

Murphy

proof is the winner so to pay an extra 75p saves any doubt with a signature, if you cannot afford 75 pence then you are in dire straits no matter what, some suggest proof of posting (free) but proof of delivery pips maybe!s

:mad2::-x:jaw::sad: