hastings car insurance advice required

cjb21
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2042 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Car repair cost amount to the approx. value of the car,

your customer service tell me they can send salvage agent to collect ( then they will valve car and negotiate a value)

how about don't be silly its going nowhere till any payment is agreed and cleared, or

2/ they can send an independent assessor out and I could then decide how I want to proceed and if he deems car a write off

it will be categorised whether I claim or not (so your devaluing my vehicle if I don't claim but an assessor come to inspect it ( sounds like a bad joke)

3/ or I can choose a repairer of my own and my excess will be doubled (so a more reasonable repair shop you will pay less towards repair I will have to pay more

seems my only option would be buy car back and get it repaired

(which shouldn't be a problem as its still roadworthy (so local fiat agent tell me)

seems that's a no go also,

where does the comprehensive come into it,

and realistically what can I do,

because you're not working within the consumer rights as your excess policy is attemption to adversely affect my descision

Edited by Andyorch
Paras

Fault accident ? Or third party definitely at fault ?

If third party at fault and third party insurers admit liability it might be easier to go to third party insurers.

Assuming writw off likely, Of course the car is yours, until you sign it away to Hastings or any company that Hastings uses, they offer you an amount in settlement and you accept,

Best to keep control of situation, by getting repair estimates yourself. If you can get the car repaired, it might be best option.

A write off at market value, less the excess and less any insurance premium remaining ( if you spread annual premium by monthly payment), might leave you with little money left to buy a replacement

Check guides such as Parkers, glass.co.uk for current market value as you are likely to be offered lowest book value. You can negotiate amount, by offering evidence of cost of buying a replacement, so get searching for car ads.

Edited by dx100uk

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

fault accident , its comprehensive , think I could have explained this better,

1/ if I use hasting repairer my excess would be £400 but would very likely be written off (not wot I really want )

2/ I can use my own repairer but then they are telling me my excess will be £800 hmm so I use a cheaper repairer and I get penalised an I missing something so I will end up standing the majority ov the cost ???

3/ I just pay for repair myself with is basically wot I said in point 2

4/ so I think maybe I buy car back if wrote off and get it repaired ( they say that's not possible) tho it seems to happen all the time

5/ so hasting are attempting to steer me into a decision which only benefits themselves they are not covering me there covering themselves

threads merged

duplicate posts removed

please keep to one thread

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

With any fault accident, unless the damage is into thousands, it's usually cheaper and better to repair at own expense.

You can use your local garage instead of the ones linked to insurance which seem to be able to screw up even the most simple jobs.

The other day I helped a desperate neighbour who had been back and forth from a shiny authorised repaired for a dented door.

The door was wobbly and not closing properly.

They said it was wear and tear on the hinges and wanted £600 to fix.

Turned out there's a locking/adjusting nut on the hinges which was suspiciously loose.

2 minutes of my time.

Incompetence or rip off???

I don't doubt I could be repaired cheaper insurance estimate £2500 approx. ,

sorta makes you wonder how or why insurance companys want to just write cars off and impose doubling of excess to stop you using a cheaper repairer

(well they don't stop you but you'll end up paying 95% yourself)

all seem to be hidden away in the double dutch terms and conditions ,

which 100% are not following the insurance regulations, modern day [problem]mers