Marc Gander - The Consumer Survival Handbook

A 220 page introduction to all things consumer related by our own BankFodder.

Includes energy companies, mobile phone providers, retailers, banks, insurance companies,debt collection agencies, reclaim companies, secondhand car sellers, cowboy garages, cowboy builders and all the rest who put their own profits before you.

£6.99

Patricia Pearl - Small Claims Procedure - A Practical Guide

An excellent guide for the layperson in how to use the County Court - a must if you are intending to start a claim.

£19.99 + £1.50 (P&P)

+ Reply to Thread
    Basic Account Holder
    Do you record your calls?
    You'll regret it if you don't.
    Billy Bremner Novitiate

Follow Real_CAG on Twitter
    Cagger since : Mar 2014

Default Leaving BT They want nearly 90 for equipment

Hi all.

Please could anybody give advice. I am having financial problems and decided to cancel my BT phone, internet and tv and switch to Talk Talk to save 25 a month. My BT account contract is up start of October so I set up my new account to start in September.

BT want paying for the part month which is fair but also want to charge me 65 for Broadband equipment and 24 for TV equipment which seems unfair.

Is this right?
    I'm doing my best to reduce my spending and that feels like a kick in the teeth.

Thanks in advance

Basic Account Holder
    Sparks_ Informative Sparks_ Informative Sparks_ Informative Sparks_ Informative

Cagger since : May 2012

Default Re: Leaving BT They want nearly 90 for equipment

Did you not pay for the router when you started your broadband account with BT? I had to.

Basic Account Holder
    Billy Bremner Novitiate

Quote Originally Posted by Sparks_ View Post
    Did you not pay for the router when you started your broadband account with BT? I had to.
    I don't know to be honest. I will log onto my account and see if it's mentioned.

Thanks

Site Team dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk's Avatar

Cagger since : Dec 2006

Just return then in a box
    They normally send them to you free AFAIK?

Basic Account Holder
    Billy Bremner Novitiate

It appears it is because I am leaving a few days early. Change the date to exactly 12 months into my contract and they won't charge me. Bit childish of them but oh well.

Cheers all

Basic Account Holder
    louise2012 Novitiate

Cagger since : Feb 2012

I'm with BT and switching to Talk Talk as well as BT are charging me 47 a month just for calls with no TV They are also putting their prices up this month

Reclaim the Right Ltd. - reg.05783665 in the UK reg. office:- 923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE
We use cookies to personalise content and ads and to provide social media features. We also share information about your use of our site with our advertising and analytics partners. See details