Random default from 118118Money - unfair?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2077 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All,

I took out an unsecured loan with 118118Money late 2016. The terms was that I would pay £80 per month for 2 years, due to end this year December. I had a direct debit with 118118Money which they took monthly.

Admittedly, I have missed a payment a couple of times, but this was always resolved with a payment plan with 118. The last time I did this with them was January, as I missed one payment thanks to Xmas. So, the agreement was I would pay £120 on February and again on March (so my regular £80 per month + half of the missed payment for 2 months). 118118 Money went ahead with the agreement, and then my payments reverted back to normal and they took £80 on April.

However, on the 25th May (the day of GDPR coincidentally), 118118 "write-off" my balance (I was unaware until yesterday as I had a DD set up with them). Then, I received a notification that my credit file had a new alteration. I looked into this to find that 118118 Money defaulted my account for the end of MARCH, and now sold my account to a company called Lowell (which state I have missed a payment this month?).

I haven't contacted them yet but I thought I would first ask for opinions on what I should do here as I don't feel that default is justified or fair. I paid 118118Money both in March (when the default date is set) and April, I was not contacted at all about any payment issues or being behind, and at the time this happened I was up to date with my payments.

I never received a default warning or anything of the sort, and I have not received anything of a notification that my account was sold to Lowell. This default has obviously affected my credit file now and I would like to hopefully somehow get it removed if possible as I feel this was genuinely unfair and I do not believe it meets their required practices.

Thanks,

Kieren

Edited by Andyorch
Paras

Ever had a default letter from them stating what you need to do to remedy the breach of the agreement?

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

If you miss payments...then you have defaulted on the agreement...unless you rectified the miss payment within 14 days of the breach.Makes no difference if you caught up over a number of payments..you still defaulted...which must be reported and recorded appropriately.

Anyway thats the least of your problems now you have DCA that owns the debt and your agreement has been terminated...who will chase you for the balance.

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Ever had a default letter from them stating what you need to do to remedy the breach of the agreement?

Nope i didnt recieve any contact of any sort or indication from 118 118

were you in dire straights when you took this out?

i'e lots of other credit and defaults and missed payments elsewhere....

could be an IRL claim might work?

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...