Moneybarn VT advice **SUCCESSFUL**

crispybacon
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1977 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All

I have a car financed with Moneybarn that I am looking to VT and just want some advice.

I have almost paid 50%, and I know I can VT before I have paid 50%, however the next payment in September would take me over the 50% anyway.

Question number 1 - if I VT now, the money I would have to pay to make the 50% would be less than what I would pay if I waited until the September payment was made.

Obviously on that basis I VT, but reading peoples experience on the forum I'm concerned Moneybarn will want the money to make up the 50% and then demand the next contractual payment so are they legally able to do this as I thought statute law has precedent over contract law so as long as I pay the 50% they can't demand the next payment is that correct?

Next question - the car is due a service, so do I get it serviced before VT'ing the car as no doubt Moneybarn would then make a claim I had not taken reasonable care of the goods.

To put this in context I have invoices proving I have had the car repaired and serviced in the time I have owned it (2.5 years and have paid a LOT in maintenance), but sods law needs a service now - I just resent paying £££'s for a service on a car I'm not going to see again.

Thanks for any advice!

No just vt

No need for next payment nor service

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

ok follow the other MB VT threads here

don't forget

they cant charge you any extras!!

don't forget to take loads of pixs and video esp under the car and body work

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

coming home this morning and the engine management light has come on.

Took it straight to a garage and showing an intermittent fault that may be due to a sensor.

Does this affect the VT process?

Could Moneybarn refuse to accept the car with this issue?

Don't really want to cough up more money for a car I've already sent a VT letter for.

Edited by dx100uk
swearing spacing

nope not your problem

1. it shouldnt go wrong anyway [re consumer rights act]

2. its their car their problem.

and they

Update:

Received the following from Moneybarn, already they are trying to take the position they can claim for loss if there is not a full service schedule.

Dear xxxxxxx

AGREEMENT NUMBER xxxxxxxx

REGISTRATION NUMBER xxxxxxxxxx

We received your notice of termination for the above agreement on xxxx August 2018.

Your contact details will now be passed to a company called BCA (British Car Auctions) who will contact you directly to arrange the inspection and collection of the vehicle, which we will agree to carry out free of charge. Please note they will be only able to inspect and collect between the hours of 9am until 5pm weekdays.

BCA will now contact you within the next 2 working days to arrange the appointment, and the appointment must be carried out within a period of 7 days from them contacting you. Failure to action this will mean the appointment of recovery agents, the cost of which would be billed to your account.

If you wish to contact BCA you can phone them on 0333 2414 208.

Please note that you must keep the vehicle fully taxed and insured until it has been returned.

You are required to also return the following items.

1. The Registration Document know as a V5

2. Service History Book / With FULL service record to Manufacturers schedule

3. MOT certificate if applicable

4. Spare keys

5. Sat Nav Disc if applicable

Please note that if you fail to return any of the above items, we will charge you for costs incurred in replacing them. Please be advised we are able to claim from you any loss we suffer as a result of your failure to take reasonable care of the vehicle and service the car to the manufacturer’s recommendations.

IMPORTANT NOTE: REMOVAL OF PERSONAL DATA

Please ensure you remove all evidence of personal data which may be left in the vehicle or on electronic devices fitted to the vehicle prior to return.

I look forward to hearing from you shortly. You may contact me on 0330 555 1520, or email me on [email protected].

Yours sincerely

The Asset Management Team

Thats mb for ya...

and they

• 2 weeks later...

Car was collected last week, V5 has been sent to Moneybarn, have proof of postage.

Had a bit of luck as engine management light had gone out again so no worries about that.

Guy who collected the car was impressed with its condition commented on how quiet the engine was, especially for its age and mileage.

Only a couple of chips and scratches, and some marks on alloys but nothing beyond reasonable for age.

Will see now how/if MB will try to stiff me over.

so all fair W&T then

this could be fund.

I was reading a thread on a motoring forum [don't know which] due the last 3.5weeks I've been on a touring trip that the mrs had found...

MB wanted to charge this guy £38 for missing numberplate fixing as he had put hid personalised number plate on the car and re-reg'd, then put it back just before he Vt'd it.

the car was brand new at purchase and he had only had it 4mts when he received a very large inheritance.

and they

• 2 weeks later...

Been over two weeks since car was returned, heard nothing from Moneybarn yet.

I've been keeping an eye on the BCA website and haven't seen it come up for sale there yet either.

If/when it does appear on BCA website I'll be keeping an eye on the auction date because if Moneybarn try to claim money for a 'polish' I'll be contesting that as car was sparkling when it was picked up (with photos to prove), so if it was sat in a yard for over 2 weeks then that'd be their problem if it needed cleaning afterwards.

they cant stop fretting.

the CCA clearly states this

and they

• 2 weeks later...

Finally receive letter from MB stating that final balance is in process of being calculated.

I've checked BCA website, vehicle is now listed, and is apparently a 'grade 2' on their condition report (1 being best, 5 being worst), so can't see on this basis they could claim nothing worse than fair wear and tear.

For amusement, this is what they state regards the final balance:

"In accordance with the terms and conditions of your agreement, various charges may be applied to your account before the final balance can be established. These may include:

• Replacement V5 admin fee
  • Replacement keys fee
  • Personalized plate retention fee
  • Repairs or refurbishment fee
  • Loss of value (if you have not had the vehicle serviced to the manufacturers recommendation this will reduce the resale value of the vehicle)

nope under the CCA they cant claim any of those...

and they

Another letter from Moneybarn today.

They are pleased to inform me that it has been determined that no refurbishment will be required on the vehicle and it is now being released for sale at auction.

They also recommend I contact them to discuss interim payments to reduce the current account balance.

What is interesting is that they show the current account balance as the sum of the balance outstanding as if the finance agreement is still in place.

They then state another figure that they call 'Half rule obligation at this stage' which is less than one months payment (and obviously what I owe under S100 of CCA).

Its a poorly worded letter as it implies I still owe the outstanding balance of the finance (not the half rule obligation) unless they are operating on the basis that this is a VS not a VT.

I'll update when I get more letters!

• 1 month later...

Hi All

Just an update and closure on this one.

Letter from Moneybarn today, only outstanding amount was the remaining finance to take up to the 50%. No silly deductions for condition, polishing, missing service history, nothing like that.

I know this is different to some others experience so perhaps I've been lucky but from my experience use the template letter provided on here for VT, and take LOTS of photos to prove condition of the car when you hand it back.

Good luck to anyone else going through the VT process!

hey thanks CB for returning and letting us know.

glad to help..

dx

and they