appeal lodged late due to NoR arriving late - charge certificate issued - what to do?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2052 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

am a newbie to this wonder if someone can help me

ive been fighting a PCN with harrow council since last year, had my informal appeal rejected and then was sent a NTO ages ago where I restated the appeal and didn't hear back, until a few days ago when I received a rejection letter dated in june which meant I was already out of time to appeal in 28 days.

the reason for the lateness seems to be that they thought my company name was my surname and spelt it wrong, so the address was a generic campus/site address and therefore must have gone into a pool before it was redirected to my specific pigeon hole (please note the address is correct with the dvla - its just the council that have made the error). so in a massive panic, I lodged an appeal online with the reference number given and stated that the reason I was appealing late is that I didn't receive the rejection paperwork until now due to this error in address.

However, ive looked up the pcn online and it looks like it may have already progressed to charge certificate (just because of the price) but I ahvent received this either -maybe this will also come late if they have made the same mistake with the address as with the NoR.

the question is was it the right think to do to lodge an appeal late (the website says you can appeal late if u state a valid reason and I thought not receiving the NoR was a valid reason but I may be wrong) but now im thinking maybe I shouldn't have done that and should have just waited for the next stage to file a witness statement from what I read on here? however the problem I have now is not that I never received the NoR but I received it too late because of the councils mistake in my name/address.

So if this does progress what box can I tick and also ho long will the tribunal take to get a result - am worried that the council will continue to progress the charge while im waiting for the appeal result. help please!!!!!

Edited by honeybee13
Paras

Firstly, what was the PCN for? Was it parking?

Secondly, why is there such an extraordinarily long timescale? Usually the period between the PCN being issued and a Charge Certificate is at most, maybe three months. What else has been happening since last year?

As regards the address, the Council should have applied to DVLA for keeper details and are obliged to send the NTO to that name and address. Any subsequent letters/notices must also go there. So is the Council using contact details at variance with DVLA's records?

Following a Notice of Rejection, you cannot lodge another appeal with the Council. The Notice of Rejection should have spelled out your options at that stage. If you can answer the above, I will try to advise further.