Bus accident which wasn't my fault

ossiea
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2051 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

I am new to this forum and apologise if this is the wrong section to post this.

I live in London and was involved in an accident yesterday.

As I was leaving the bus, a man ran to get on the bus and collided into me, giving me an ankle injury.

I didn't know if it was broken or just sprained, but figured it may have been broken as I almost fainted moments after.

Do I have any rights to receive compensation i.e. from the man?

Thanks.

Did you get his name and address then?

Did the x-ray show it was broken or is it just sprained?

Why do you believe you're entitled to compensation?

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

I don't know if I am entitled to compensation, that's why I asked.

I have contacted TFL to help identify the man on CCTV.

I haven't done an x-ray scan yet.

I wanted to know if a compensation claim is possible, regardless it it is sprained or broken?

Or would it depend on the severity of the injury?

Edited by dx100uk
spacing

You seem more concerned about obtaining compensation over any personal damage.

You'd know if you'd broken your ankle, or even sprained it, and would be sitting in A&E.

It hurts.

I'm not sure how you think TFL are going to identify somebody from CCTV, they don't have facial recognition software that gets matched to a name and address.

I know that we live in a compensation culture, but please.

This isn't America, nor do we have to suffer their ridiculous legal system (thankfully). Whilst the OP might be able to sue for compensation, the award is unlikely to be very large. In addition, if the defendant doesn't have appropriate insurance, the prospect of getting any money is slim at best. legal costs would eat in to any possible award or even leave the claimant out of pocket.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

No... you can't eat my brain just yet. I need it a little while longer.

Also your request to TFL to help you identify the person from CCTV, ah that is a none starter as you are not the Data Subject even if TFL could identify the individual you will not get that information as they would be breaching the Data Protection Act if they did as again you are not the Data Subject.

How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

You seem more concerned about obtaining compensation over any personal damage.

You'd know if you'd broken your ankle, or even sprained it, and would be sitting in A&E.

I agree .... but we need to be careful, else the OP will be posting asking how they can seek compensation from us over their hurt feelings!

Anyone else wondering if the op seems more like an essay question than a real one?

Please note:

• I am employed in the IT sector of a high street retail chain but am not posting in any official capacity,so therefore any comments,suggestions or opinions are expressly personal ones and should not be viewed as an endorsement or with agreement of any company.
  • i am not legal trained in any form.
  • I have many experiences in life and do often use these in my posts

if ive been helpful kick my scales, if ive been unhelpful kick the scales of the person more helpful :eek:

Anyone else wondering if the op seems more like an essay question than a real one?

Well, there are certainly more theoretical topics that might be discussed rather than the real world answer of “what planet...........”!

there is case law on this but it isnt helpful in the OP's case as it basically says that accidents do happen and unless you can prove the other person was reckless then tough.

More importantly though OP, how on earth do you think you are going to progress this? TfL CANT give you the persons details even if they somehow manage to identify him by way of oyster card use or whatever without his permission. After that you havent identified a loss caused by the injurya nd as yet you havent determined what the injury is. If you have broken it them chances are it doesnt hurt that much but will give way in a few days as the bone start to siften to repair itself and a sprain will give you large amounts of fluid around the injury but will recover fairly quickly so not really any damage to sue for. I once got knocked over by a van which mounted the kerb-driver who was on his phone easily identified and still didnt get ant compensation despite needing an ambulance to convey me to hospital because to injuries were temporary and I hadnt lost earnings for being off work etc