style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2039 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

why would I want to record the call?

That is the advice from this forum.

That is correct.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

is there anybody out there? I can hear an echooooooooooooooooooooo!

Is there a paid part of the forum where advice is faster?

No there isnt......if they wont accept a payment plan then you will have to settle in full.

http://www.collectica.co.uk/faqs/

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

No need to once it settled and you have conformation.

paid in full.

and today I have a letter from the historic team claiming a fine remains outstanding for just under 1k. Couldn't make this up!

'further steps notice' - letter dated 5 days ago and only just had it today. letter states 10 working days to respond. wow its already 5 days later and we are at the beginning of a bank holiday weekend.

phoned them.. on hold for 15 minutes then somebody picked the phone up and hung up. phoned back office closed.

I guess only option is to phone on tuesday and plead poverty?

Edited by learner121
update

'Further steps notice' - letter dated 5 days ago and only just had it today. letter states 10 working days to respond. wow its already 5 days later and we are at the beginning of a bank holiday weekend.

You have a period of 10 'working days' to APPEAL the Further Steps Notice. I am assuming that the FSN had not been dated 19th August as that was a Sunday? I calculate that you have until Monday 4th September to appeal.

I guess only option is to phone on tuesday and plead poverty?

That is not the case at all. You have the option to apply to the Magistrate Court for a Section 14 Statutory Declaration. Before doing so, you will need to find out more about the offence and most importantly.....whether or not any payments had been made against this fine. Please post back once you have called the court.

Further Steps Notices are 'time sensitive' and that is why I always suggest to people that if they experience difficulty getting through to court dealing with the case, that they instead send an email. When doing so, ensure that in the subject box to provide the following:

URGENT: Enquiry about a Further Steps Notice. Account number: xxxxxx.

Edited by honeybee13
'Clients' removed

correct it was dated the monday.

Do I want to appeal this or just setup a payment plan?

You need to read my reply carefully. If you have grounds to do a Section 14 Statutory Declaration or pay £1,000, I know which method I would choose !!! A Stat Dec is the correct route, but you cannot make a choice until you know what the debt is for. Please post back once you have made the necessary enquiries.

I know what this is for, its for the car incident that I originally posted about and when I phoned regarding the 1st 2.2k it was for different offences. That means I have already done a stat dec on this new case. I got the dates wrong so never actually turned up to court for the hearing.

I don't really feel like paying out 3k in one week though :oops:

I know what this is for, its for the car incident that I originally posted about and when I phoned regarding the 1st 2.2k it was for different offences. That means I have already done a stat dec on this new case. I got the dates wrong so never actually turned up to court for the hearing.

I don't really feel like paying out 3k in one week though :oops:

It is still worthwhile speaking with the court to explain the error and asking whether they would allow a late Section 14 Statutory Declaration appointment. There is provision in the regulations to allow for this so it is worth exploring.

If the answer is no, then because the fine is still with the court, they would be wiling to allow you to settle the fine by monthly payments (a minimum of £5 per week).

thanks! I called them and confirmed it was for what I thought it was. funnily enough they have had no confirmation from bailiffs that first amount has been paid in full. funny that!

they asked for payment in full I advised could not do. They said they could setup over 3 months. I asked for longer and they asked what I could afford a month (I suggested £100 a month) they then put me on hold while they made a cup of tea I presume. Then came back and said it had been agreed :lol:

I did not have card with me so will call back later to set it up. But got me thinking... I am in no was responsible for that debt and did not hit anybody's car (I even phoned the police my self when the incident happened) when it went to court originally I tried getting proof of said phone call and surprise surprise the police had no record of it.

I do not wish to go back to court however and cant stand them. I would rather drip feed the debt to save going there but I would like to do this as cheaply as possible. do they have to accept £5 week?

Edited by dx100uk
edit post put back from email dx

got the text you deleted from your email alert of a post

not sure why you went back in to edit it

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

you wont think about it...

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...