Marc Gander - The Consumer Survival Handbook

A 220 page introduction to all things consumer related by our own BankFodder.

Includes energy companies, mobile phone providers, retailers, banks, insurance companies,debt collection agencies, reclaim companies, secondhand car sellers, cowboy garages, cowboy builders and all the rest who put their own profits before you.

£6.99

Patricia Pearl - Small Claims Procedure - A Practical Guide

An excellent guide for the layperson in how to use the County Court - a must if you are intending to start a claim.

£19.99 + £1.50 (P&P)

Basic Account Holder
    Do you record your calls?
    You'll regret it if you don't.

Follow Real_CAG on Twitter
    Cagger since : Oct 2010

Wink SSE and Back Billing - ** RESOLVED **

Hi all
    back in February last year I had my pre payment meters, both gas and electricity, changed so as I could pay by direct debiticon as I was struggling with illness and was in and out of hospital so was unable to top up on a regular basis.

I gave my account details to setup the direct debits and the meters were changed and I was given the monthly amounts of 18 for electricity and 35 for gas.

Roll on to July this year and I received a gas bill for 600 as they had not been taking the direct debit for the gas bud did so for the electric.

I truly did not notice that the DDicon was not being taken as life with hospital was hectic, in fact I did not pay any attention to any DD's as I assumed everything was being paid as I did not received any notifications.

I have a complaint in with SSE and I am awaiting their results and findings but was wondering if they can make me pay this large amount as it seems to be that their billing system failed.

Regards to all

Follows
    Following

Default Re: SSE and Back Billing

They can but ask for it to be spread out
    Cant see BB playing a part here
    Its your responsibility to check DDicon's and payments

They would have billed you. Look online at your account

you can set up the DDicon and let them take the arrears as a portion of the monthy collection. You will need to agree how much though or they will take the whole 600 over about 6 months and then keep taking the extra tyo get you into a large credit

Basic Account Holder

Thanks guys I will pay the 35 direct debiticon and an extra 50 a month
    to clear the debt.

Regards to all

Basic Account Holder

Hi guys

just to update on this issue.

I have been dealing with SSE complaints team and have to say they have been marvelous.

After working out my payment due at being 640 based upon my current meter reading they have spoken with their chartered billing team and they have
    acknowledged errors on their part and have reduced my bill to 38 and a new direct debiticon has been setup.

I am so happy.

Regards to all

Well done! I'll amend your thread title, thank you for letting us know.

HB

Default Re: SSE and Back Billing - ** RESOLVED **

Well done!
    Nice discount too