Marc Gander - The Consumer Survival Handbook

A 220 page introduction to all things consumer related by our own BankFodder.

Includes energy companies, mobile phone providers, retailers, banks, insurance companies,debt collection agencies, reclaim companies, secondhand car sellers, cowboy garages, cowboy builders and all the rest who put their own profits before you.

£6.99

Patricia Pearl - Small Claims Procedure - A Practical Guide

An excellent guide for the layperson in how to use the County Court - a must if you are intending to start a claim.

£19.99 + £1.50 (P&P)

+ Reply to Thread
    Basic Account Holder
    Do you record your calls?
    You'll regret it if you don't.
    Mark2012 Novitiate

Follow Real_CAG on Twitter
    Cagger since : Mar 2012

Default Replacing Wrong Order

Not a major issue but this has happened to me many times now. So I was wondering if anyone knows the right/legal way of this problem.

I ordered something online and I received the wrong product. Company after 2 weeks finally got DPD to come and collect the item but they will not send me the item I ordered until they receive the other item back.

I donít really understand that. Itís their mistake so why do I have to suffer the consequences. Also the item they send me is cheaper so letís say I never returned it to them would they have kept the difference?

Fulfilled our agreeement which is sending me what I ordered should have been a separate issue from recovering the wrong item they send me. But then maybe this is just me seeing it this way. Would be interesting to see if anybody knows if there is anything on consumer rights about this?

Classic Account Holder
    Help the CAG!!
    Make a contribution
    king12345 Informative king12345 Informative king12345 Informative king12345 Informative

Cagger since : May 2007

Default Re: Replacing Wrong Order

Yes, it's common sense to receive the correct item you bought.
    When this happened to me and they tried to delay, I simply left bad review and got PayPal or bank card provider involved.
    You soon grab their attention and they send you the correct item, sometimes letting you keep the wrong one if it's of small value.

Royalties Account Holder ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative

Cagger since : Nov 2012

Default Re: Replacing Wrong Order

you are right but you wont get any sympathy from a judge if you want to take this on. Problem is time is not off the esence unless it is clearly indicated in the contract or by the nature of the material so an ice delivery that is a day late and water when it arrives is different to an electrical itme that will lst for a decade.
    Basically leaving honest feedback on their customerservice is your best prospect at improvement in the future. I like the suggestion that if you used paypal the yu use their disputes systemt to at least freeze the payment until the compamy sort out the mistake.

Reclaim the Right Ltd. - reg.05783665 in the UK reg. office:- 923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE
We use cookies to personalise content and ads and to provide social media features. We also share information about your use of our site with our advertising and analytics partners. See details