Marc Gander - The Consumer Survival Handbook

A 220 page introduction to all things consumer related by our own BankFodder.

Includes energy companies, mobile phone providers, retailers, banks, insurance companies,debt collection agencies, reclaim companies, secondhand car sellers, cowboy garages, cowboy builders and all the rest who put their own profits before you.

£6.99

Patricia Pearl - Small Claims Procedure - A Practical Guide

An excellent guide for the layperson in how to use the County Court - a must if you are intending to start a claim.

£19.99 + £1.50 (P&P)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Basic Account Holder
    Do you record your calls?
    You'll regret it if you don't.

Follow Real_CAG on Twitter
    Cagger since : Aug 2018

Default Re: HX/Gladstones ANPR PCN Claimform - Damside Street Car Park, Damside Street

MCOL web site response completed last night and CPR 31:14icon request running.

I now need to put together a defence.
    Is this the only chance I get or do I just need to do the basics via the "Defence" form included with the claim formicon?

Do I need to include witness statement and photos of signage at this stage or is that something for the court?

I have plenty to send but read somewhere on line that it needs to be very basic and succinct otherwise it won't get read prior to the court appearance.

What would you suggest?
    It has been pointed out that the signage is not correct,
    do I point that out at this stage?

Follows
    Following

Default Re: HX/Gladstones ANPR PCN Claimform - Damside Street Car Park, Damside Street

2 line basic def
    Filed again via mcol
    Forget about the paper n1 pack now

Lots of time
    Get reading claimformicon threads here

PLEASE REFRAIN FROM HITTING 'REPLY WITH QUOTE' IF YOU ARE SIMPLY REPLYING TO THE LAST POST IN A THREAD..JUST TYPE!!
    it makes a thread twice as long to scroll through..save data costs
    If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread
    DX
    RIP Martin3030

Follows
    Following

we recommend using the bare bones of what you want to rely on so basic
    "no contract offered so cant be a claim for breach" type thing allows you to add loads of detail later whereas if you put a specific it cant be this then you are stuck with arguing just that point and wont be able to add anything that differs from that.

What you shouldnt rely on as a stand alone is the argument that they have not followed procedure as that is like turning up to a swordfight without a sword and then saying the other side is cheating.

By all means give a long list of everything they have done wrong procedurally if you wish but that is going to be point 2 of your defence after you show some substantial reason why you dont owe them in the first place

Quote Originally Posted by frankiesays View Post
    MCOL web site response completed last night and CPR 31:14icon request running.

I now need to put together a defence.
    Is this the only chance I get or do I just need to do the basics via the "Defence" form included with the claim formicon?

Do I need to include witness statement and photos of signage at this stage or is that something for the court?

I have plenty to send but read somewhere on line that it needs to be very basic and succinct otherwise it won't get read prior to the court appearance.

What would you suggest?
    It has been pointed out that the signage is not correct,
    do I point that out at this stage?

Follows
    Following

Basic Account Holder

I am about to put in my defence, yes I know time is getting on too.
    I have taken fresh pictures of the signage as the previous ones were poor.

The lady who was picked up and dropped off in the double visit to the car park does now not wish to get involved in this which is a pity as her evidence would have been really helpful.

Bookers cannot provide any CCTV footage (asked back in Feb.) because the sun is on the camera at that time of the year so footage is useless, the manager of the business for which the Booker visit was made (several other visits from same location too) cannot provide the invoice/receipt pertaining to that visit as he says the paperwork is at the accountants for his end of year, he probably just can't be bothered but the outcome is that same.

all we have is our claim that two visits were made to the car park during the 79 minute period in question and the signage in the car park which says "Any vehicle/driver remaining in this car park 10 minutes after entry is subject to and agrees in full to the terms and conditions" This implies to me that the terms and conditions do not apply for the first 10 mins so should I assume that should be the basis of my defence?

I have researched ANPR and providers of those systems state that for their systems to be able to spot a number plate (prior to reading it) the gap into/out of the car park should be no more than the width of a car and a half - the width of entry into thie car park concerned is actually 14 feet.

They also state that cameras should ideally be placed at ground level to prevent number plates being obscured by a following car and should definitely be at no more than 30 degrees to the entry exit point.

Th e cameras in question are mounted high up at the back of the car park and in my estimation greater than 30 degrees.
    Should I mention this at this stage?
    Should I provide pictures at the stage showing the "less than 10 mins" statment at this stage?
    Anything else.

I have looked at lots of defences against parking tickets but have yet to find one for a double visit such as this.

Follows
    Following

read post 23 again

PLEASE REFRAIN FROM HITTING 'REPLY WITH QUOTE' IF YOU ARE SIMPLY REPLYING TO THE LAST POST IN A THREAD..JUST TYPE!!
    DX
    RIP Martin3030

Follows
    Following

Quote Originally Posted by frankiesays View Post

I have looked at lots of defences against parking tickets but have yet to find one for a double visit such as this.
    This Forum and the Parking Prankster have many examples of double dipping-
    http://parking-prankster.blogspot.co...e-at-peel.html

And if you look deeper into the PP website you will see where he gives a full breakdown of the inaccuracies in the ANPR systems used by PPCs.

Basic Account Holder

Quote Originally Posted by dx100uk View Post
    read post 23 again
    I have to say I don't fully understand #23. e.g. does "shouldt" mean should or shouldn't? How would my defence for "no contract offered" work?

shouldn't
    there are literally 100's of PPC claimformicon threads here with the brief 2 line defence to add your only there for 10mins bit too.

use the search CAGicon box on the top red toolbar

claimforn pcn

DX
    RIP Martin3030

Follows
    Following

Basic Account Holder

The latest on this is that we have received the notice of proposed allocation to the small claimsicon track.
    have agreed to this.
    I have asked for the hearing to take place at our local county courticon.
    i have told them only 1 witness will be be giving evidence.
    this has to be sent back to the court by October 8th.

agreed to what?

DX
    RIP Martin3030

Follows
    Following

Basic Account Holder

The DQ asks for the defendant to agree/disagree with the decision to have this case go through the small cllaims track - I have agreed.

but not to Mediationicon....you have an N180 yes...

DX
    RIP Martin3030

Follows
    Following

Basic Account Holder

correct on both counts.

no to Mediationicon
    1 wit you
    rest is obv

3 copies
    1 to court
    1 to sold minus email/sig/phone
    1 for your file

DX
    RIP Martin3030

Follows
    Following

Basic Account Holder

Notice of Transfer of Proceedings to local court now received, just awaiting a date now.

the parking co will then have to pay the allocation fee so keep an eye on the clock in your moneyclaimicon online console. As soon as the date goes past ake a point af ringing the court and reminding them of this so they take appropriate action otherwise the claimant will be given a few days extra and sometimes even a phone callicon to allow them to cough up and continue.

Basic Account Holder

21 days gone and nothing heard. What is the deadline for the parking co. to pay the court fee?

not been allocated yet has it?

DX
    RIP Martin3030

Follows
    Following

Basic Account Holder

The case has been allocated to our local court if that is what you mean?.

and you have a date of the hearing?

DX
    RIP Martin3030

Follows
    Following

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Reclaim the Right Ltd. - reg.05783665 in the UK reg. office:- 923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE
We use cookies to personalise content and ads and to provide social media features. We also share information about your use of our site with our advertising and analytics partners. See details