• Tweets

• Update 15th March the eviction notice period expired, and I paid my next month rent along with sending them the message discussed above. After a short while they just emailed me back this dry phrase "Thank you for your email." In two weeks' time I'm gonna need to pay the rent again, and I have such a feeling that shortly after that date the contracts will be exchanged and all the payments will be made.  Now my main concern is, if possible, not to end up paying rent after I move out.  
    • they cant 'take away' anything, what ever makes you believe that?  dx  
    • The text on the N1SDT Claim Form 1.The claim is for breaching the terms and conditions set on private land. 2. The defendant's vehicle, NumberPlate, was identified in the Leeds Bradford Airport Roadways on the 28/07/2023 in breach of the advertised terms and conditions; namely Stopping in a zone where stopping is prohibited 3.At all material times the Defendant was the registered keeper and/or driver. 4. The terms and conditions upon  entering private land were clearly displayed at the entrance and in prominent locations 5. The sign was the offer and the act of entering private land was the acceptance of the offer hereby entering into a contract by conduct. 6.The signs specifically detail the terms and conditions and the consequences of failure to comply,  namely a parking charge notice will be issued, and the Defendant has failed to settle the outstanding liability. 7.The claimant seeks the recovery of the parking charge notice, contractual costs and interest.   This is what I am thinking of for the wording of my defence The Defendant contends that the particulars of claim are vague and are generic in nature which fails to comply with CPR 16.4. The Defendant accordingly sets out its case below and relies on CPR r 16.5 (3) in relation to any particular allegation to which a specific response has not been made. 1. Paragraph 1 is denied. It is denied that the Defendant ever entered into a contract to breach any terms and conditions of the stated private land. 2. Paragraph 2 and 4 are denied. As held by the Upper Tax Tribunal in Vehicle Control Services Limited v HMRC [2012] UKUT 129 (TCC), any contract requires offer and acceptance. The Claimant was only contracted to provide car park management services and is not capable of entering into a contract with the Defendant on its own account, as the car park is owned by and the terms of entry set by the landowner. 3. It is admitted that Defendant is the recorded keeper of the vehicle. 4.  Paragraph 6 is denied the claimant has yet to evidence that their contract with the landowner supersedes  Leeds Bradford airport byelaws. Further it is denied that the Claimant’s signage is capable of creating a legally binding contract. 5. Paragraph 7 is denied, there are no contractual costs and interest cannot be accrued on a speculative charge.   I'm not sure whether point 4 is correct as I think this side road is not covered by byelaws? Any other suggestions/corrections would be appreciated.
    • Dear EVRi parcelnet LTD t/a evri   evri parcelnet isnt a thing also you say defendant's response which is a bit of a weird format.   Something like   Dear EVRi, Claim no xxxx In your defence you said you could not access tracking. Please see attached receipt and label Regards
    • Welcome to the Forum I have moved your topic to the appropriate forum  Residential and Commercial lettings/Freehold issues Please continue to post here.   Andy
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 160 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

4x4 Shogun - s/h car battery issue

Surfer01
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2039 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

We are about to buy a 4x4 Shogun and have put down a deposit. The car has brand new tyres all round on the drive wheels.

As an after thought I inquired about the condition of the spare tyre. It has 4mm of tread so legal however the tread is different to the tread of the new tyres. On a 4x4 it is important that the treads on the same axle are identical otherwise you could damage the diff.

Can I reject the tyre as not being fit for purpose to use on the 4x4? We like the car as it is immaculate otherwise and is being sold by a reputable dealership and we were thinking of a 50/50 arrangement for a new tyre to be fitted.

I am not sure where you get the information that the tyres on the same axle should be 'identical'.

They should certainly be of the same rating and similar tread, but identical would be difficult to achieve.

You have a brand new tyre of the same make etc as the drive tyres, and you drive 10,000 miles and suffer a puncture.

When you fit the spare it will not be 'identical' due to the wear over the 10,000 miles.

It is true that a 4 wheel drive can suffer 'wind-up' if the tyres are not sufficiently similar but this is extreme,

you are just as likely so experience it if all your driving is urban where the number of rounabouts means that there is a higher proportion of right turns so that the left wheels are going further than the right wheels!

What you should do is treat the spare the same as you would a space saver on a non 4x4,

reduce speeed and length of time used before having the drive tyre repaired.

I suppose it would depend upon how much the dealer wishes to sell you the vehicle as to whether he would agree to such an arrangement.

Edited by dx100uk
spacing

My time as a Police Officer and subsequently time working within the Motor Trade gives me certain insights into the problems that consumers may encounter.

I have no legal qualifications.

If you have found my post helpful, please enhance my reputation by clicking on the Heart. Thank you

Thanks.

On the Jeep Grand Cherokee which was permanent AWD it was a big No No as told to me by the Jeep dealership and also information off Jeep forums.

I assumed the same would apply to the Shogun?

If dealer does want a 50/50 arrangement I will get it done myself for peace of mind as we tow a caravan and that may not be good if there is a difference in the wear and the tread of the spare tyre.

Edited by dx100uk
spacing

All I can say is my Subaru which has perm 4WD has a space saver wheel, so I can only assume it's not a universal no no to use a different wheel/tread configuration at least not for the short time to fix the original.

My landy has normal road tyres so I dont see it as an issue but yes, if you have 4 knobbly off roading tryes and a normal tyre as a spare it does rather devalue the purchase so try negotiating a discount bearing this in mind and then replace it at your leisure. £50 off or whatever half of a new tyre costs seems reasonable as you are thinking but by changing it yourself rather than making them do it makes it easier for them to say yes

Surfer, the following is a translation of the French Highway code in relation to tyres:-

Legal obligations

Since 1995, the Highway Code imposes the following rules:

It is forbidden to ride on motor vehicles and their trailers:

* tires of different structures, excluding any temporary spare tire;

* different types of tires on the same axle, whether single-wheeled or dual-wheeled;

* Tires with a load capacity index or a speed category symbol lower than the maximum capacities provided by the vehicle manufacturer.

When the Highway Code prohibits mounting tires of different structures on the same axle, it means that the tires must be both:

* same brand

* same dimension

* same category of use (eg road, snow, all terrain)

* same structure: radial or diagonal

* same speed code

* same load capacity index

The Highway Code also states that:

* "The 1.6 mm wear indicator indicates the minimum legal gum height."

* "The difference between the depth of the main grooves of two tires mounted on the same axle must not exceed 5 mm.

My time as a Police Officer and subsequently time working within the Motor Trade gives me certain insights into the problems that consumers may encounter.

If you have found my post helpful, please enhance my reputation by clicking on the Heart. Thank you

Okay so I am correct that I cannot have different brands and tread on the same axle?

BTW the Mitsubishi hand book states the following;

The hand book states Be sure to fit all 4 tyres and wheels of the same size and type. When replacement of any of the tyres or wheels is necessary, replace all of them” and in addition the manual specifically statesCaution; Always use tyres of the same size, same type, and same brand, and which have no wear differences. Using tyres which differ in size, type, brand or the degree of wear will cause excessive loading, resulting in possible damage to the drive system”. The part in bold is highlighted in the manual. Ref; Page 4.53 & Page 4.54.

Another good reason not to buy a 'Chelsea Tractor'

Seriously, I wonder if this information is printed in their sales literature, or passed on by the salesman at point of sale?

I think that I might be agrieved to find this out post purchase!

Back to your OP, I would repeat my post #2 What you should do is treat the spare the same as you would a space saver on a non 4x4, reduce speeed and length of time used before having the drive tyre repaired. According to your above post, once the set of tyres has been run for even a modest time the use of a 'brand new' spare could be problematic 'and which have no wear difference['/I]s

Hope you have deep pockets for replacement tyres. :!:

The dealer went 50/50 on the spare tyre which was done before collection however there is still an odd tyre on the front nearside. I only noticed it was a Dunlop tyre after purchase as the tread is very similar to the other 3 Bridgestones and the dealer had told that they had put 4 brand new tyres on the vehicle.

Technically they were correct as they had taken the original spare and put it on the front nearside and then dumped 3 of the original tyres and replaced them with Bridgestones and put the best of the old tyres as the spare. The "odd" front nearside tyre is now the one that I am asking them to replace as per the manufacturers warning about odd tyres even though it is a brand new tyre. In the meantime I have swapped over the spare so the 4 wheels are now all Bridgestone and the spare is the Dunlop.

If they do not want to replace it then I guess I will have to fork out the £106 for a new Bridgestone. The Dunlop AT20 has done less than 50 miles so maybe I cna sell it to recoup some of the money.

About 2 weeks ago we bought a Shogun vehicle second hand costing in excess of £16k. The dealer has been very good with sorting out a couple of problems.

Unfortunately in the meantime the battery has decided to start playing up. It is still the original battery so just over 5 years old. Up to Saturday no issue starting the vehicle. On Saturday we were waiting outside the tyre fitter with the radio on and key on acc for about 25 minutes and when we came to start the vehicle it would not start and we had to get it jump started.

This morning before starting the vehicle I checked the battery and it was reading 12.2v. I then started the vehicle and voltage changed to between 14.1 - 14.3v. I then switched on the fan, radio, lights, wipers etc and voltage dropped to about 12.9v. I switched off everything and removed keys from ignition. On checking battery it started at 12.9v dropping rapidly to about 12.7v within less than a minute. About 5 minutes later it had dropped to about 12.4v. Seems the battery is not holding the charge?

As we have had the vehicle less than a month can we request that the dealer change the battery which will cost about £100? Thanks.

should like the alternator and the battery.

5yrs is about the battery life on that type of vehicle

but regardless if with the car running but with just the engine going

the voltage should go to over 14v

possibly you might need about 1000-1500 rpm

if when you rev the vehicle the voltage goes above say 15v

then the alternator is ok but the battery is stuffed

what voltage do you get when you rev the shogun [know them well!!}

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

TBH I never revved it just did the load test

The battery is 68ah and only a single battery and is the original battery as it has Mitsubishi written all over it.

There looks to be a serial number on it that starts with 2004 as I do not know where to look for year of manufacture.

However wondering if I am within my rights to ask dealer to replace battery which I suspect is on its last legs.

I doubt very much if running the radio for about 25 minutes with the engine switched off should drain a healthy battery.

BTW the screen was lit up while the radio was on.

Also got a problem with the corroded pipe for the air con and spares are not available until October otherwise the vehicle is very good condition.

Dealer has been excellent sorting out the one or two small issues.

Edited by dx100uk
spacing quote

date should be stamped on the battery

but you are assuming the alternator is working correctly to assume you had a charged battery to drain from in the 1st place

think about..

voltages are you key here.

why not get him to replace the battery and check the alternate whilst he is at it??

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Not sure who messed up the title as I certainly did NOT write the title as Buying s/h car - now faults found. The tyres were not faulty. I was asking a question about whether I could reject a tyre that could not be used on a car although it was road legal. So NOT a fault!

Not sure why the battery thread was moved as it has NOTHING to do with tyres and was a query regarding whether I was within my rights to ask the dealer to change the battery. Again not truly a fault like the amended title. I wish that posters were consulted before a heading was changed to make it sound worse than it really is in real life. :|

Just to update dealer has changed the tyres and also the battery without any quibble and is a first class dealer.

• dx100uk changed the title to 4x4 Shogun - s/h car battery issue