Account frozen/shut without reason

thecookiemonster
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2057 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Today all of a sudden I was out shopping and my card wouldn’t work and I couldn’t access my online banking.

I have a current account with NatWest and they have also been in the process or setting up a joint bank account for me and my partner and this happens.

I have £150 in the account which is the last of my disability benefit money and I need this to live on, I don’t get paid for another 10 days and now I’m in a serious crisis situation because of what the stress and having no money will do to me and my health.

I phoned NatWest but they’ve refused to tell me anything and whether it’s been shut down or temporarily closed etc.

They have just said I’ll have to wait for up to a week to receive the letter.

I’m not worried about the account, just they money I need to live on, after this I wouldn’t bank with them again anyway.

Can anyone help me or tell me what to do, or maybe have an idea as to why this has happened?

I’ve just emailed my local mp, not that I think that will do much but I needed to do something, I’ve also filed complaints with NatWest.

Typically they only do this if they suspect money laundering or fraud

But they never tell you why

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Ok, well I’m certainly not doing that, I have an account with Lloyd’s and NatWest and I do transfer between the two, its never been an issue and I certainly haven’t done anything wrong so I’m not worried in that regard.

My issue is they have frozen and are withholding benefit money and that needs to be released to me as it’s put me in a serious crisis situation and I can’t borro or get money from anywhere else, it’s needed to live on.

I doubt an account subject to benefit credits is subject to fraud investigations......can you not get to a Nasty Vest Branch tomorrow and ask to see the Manager......dont exit the building until they let you withdraw your £150 and close the account after informing DWP to use your Lloyds for your credits.

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

My benefits go into my Lloyd’s, I sometimes transfer between the two but we aren’t talking big amount of money so I’m not sure what’s going on.

When I phoned yesterday I spoke to a manager and they said even if I went into branch they wouldn’t and couldn’t do anything and I won’t get my money either.

They just stated that I’d get a letter telling me what’s going on and stating the next steps.

So I’m presuming they are closing my account, that’s fine but I want my money, after this I’d be shutting it down anyway whether they close it or not.

Spoke to the complaints team who have said that the account hasn’t been frozen and is still active, but they are closing my accounts (says it’s a commercial decision by the bank) and that they have cancelled my cards but I can withdraw my funds from branch.

They are investigating the manager I spoke to yesterday who said they couldn’t tell me anything and that I wouldn’t be able to withdraw funds or anything.

Will I now have a mark against my name?

cant harm your file no.

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...