They're all at it.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2046 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Family member is looking for an older car and has visited several smaller dealers to test their offerings.

In many cases these car dealers won't accept part or full payment by credit card !!!! Some offering personal warranties, not even these insurance backed ones which are not worth the paper they are written on. This means they are trying to effect a private sale with no come back on them if things go wrong.

In all cases, price is not negotiable, even without a trade in.

This is happening in East Central Scotland-----How do dealers operate in your area??.

The other thing that is rattling car dealers now is the buyers ability to view MOT status online

Made the mistake of buying a car off a trader once and never again.

Months later mot online came in force and I found out the car had been clocked by 100k miles.

Trader had moved on by then.

I sold it for scrap money for serious engine problems.

All other cars I bought from private have been very good, somehow you can "feel" if a private is taking you for a ride.

Section 75... Dont pay by CC not covered.

Chargeback would be the only option and then take it to court etc.

Understandable... But if they pay via Debit Card then Technically it should accept Credit Card on the PDQ...

We could do with some help from you.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

Had this issue with a local second hand dealer and my son. He had just the car my son was looking for - a bit overpriced I thought but with the assurance of buying from a dealer. No credit card payment available, basically cash only. Wouldn't release the car straight away as the blower was only putting out cold air and he needed to get the heater matrix flushed (yeah I know now lol). I ended up having to put the matrix hoses back on properly as all the water disappeared, then fitted a new valve in the cooling system as that too was leaking, but as they were fairly minor things we let it go but the eater never really warmed up properly and there was an awful lot of gunk in the system and by this time we had had it for a couple of months. Anyway - 3 months later the timing chain let go and when we went to scrap it, one website came up with the fact that a scrap enquiry had already been recorded for the car - pretty certain that instead of scrapping it the dealer gave a few quid more and patched it up for sale. Expensive lesson learned!

Any advice given is done so on the assumption that recipients will also take professional advice where appropriate.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

DONATE HERE

If I have been helpful in any way - please feel free to click on the STAR to the left!

I think the only way to get rid of these guys is if everyone just walks away if they can't get proper terms, even on their dream car.

But then, just how much of the motor trade survive on the gullibility of Joe Public.----Even very large dealerships.