Marc Gander - The Consumer Survival Handbook

A 220 page introduction to all things consumer related by our own BankFodder.

Includes energy companies, mobile phone providers, retailers, banks, insurance companies,debt collection agencies, reclaim companies, secondhand car sellers, cowboy garages, cowboy builders and all the rest who put their own profits before you.

£6.99

Patricia Pearl - Small Claims Procedure - A Practical Guide

An excellent guide for the layperson in how to use the County Court - a must if you are intending to start a claim.

£19.99 + £1.50 (P&P)

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Default Re: Passport question

Hi CT.

Are you serious about a day's difference in the date? I'd be amazed if it's a problem.

Have you checked the Passport Office list to see if your health nurse friend can countersign the form and photo? I thought your ex-teacher was doing it.

HB

Basic Account Holder
    Do you record your calls?
    You'll regret it if you don't.

Follow Real_CAG on Twitter
    Cagger since : Jan 2018

Quote Originally Posted by honeybee13 View Post
    Hi CT.

Are you serious about a day's difference in the date? I'd be amazed if it's a problem.

Have you checked the Passport Office list to see if your health nurse friend can countersign the form and photo? I thought your ex-teacher was doing it.

HB
    Hi, I was just a bit worried that the date might be an issue? my neighbour is doing it now, and yes, she is on the list of the countersign on GOV website as she is a nurse like I stated.

OK she's a nurse but the Passport Office website states she need to have one of two qualifications, have you checked that?

HB

Basic Account Holder

OK she's a nurse but the Passport Office website states she need to have one of two qualifications, have you checked that?

HB
    Yes I have Honeybee13 - I contacted her on Whatsapp and she told me this: Qualified healthcare assistant with Level 3 diploma in health and social care. Not sure if she has one of them qualifications what stated on the Passport Office as she didn't say, but will this do that she has Level 3 in diploma? or will it get rejected if she signs for it?

Quote Originally Posted by Channing_tatumfan455 View Post
    Yes I have Honeybee13 - I contacted her on Whatsapp and she told me this: Qualified healthcare assistant with Level 3 diploma in health and social care. Not sure if she has one of them qualifications what stated on the Passport Office as she didn't say, but will this do that she has Level 3 in diploma? or will it get rejected if she signs for it?

She is not on that list.

25 days in (since the OP said they were using “Check & send” at the Post office).

List of persons able to sign clearly states “RGN or RMN” yet the OP is asking about a health care assistant.
    OP is either on a wind-up mission, or needs to get someone to “hand hold” them through the process IRL

Basic Account Holder

I have rang Passport Office and two advisers said that my friend who works in Health Care who has a Level 3 diploma in health and social care can sign the passport form and picture, so everything is good! So, the person who said she is not on the list, you are wrong!

I hope they're right at the Passport Office, channing, because that isn't how their list reads to me.

HB

Basic Account Holder

I hope they're right at the Passport Office, channing, because that isn't how their list reads to me.

HB
    That's true Honeybee13 but I think they are right as they work at the office so they should know, 2 different advisers said it's ok so it must be lol.

Basic Account Holder

I have just spoken to another one and another adviser said yes, my friend can sign as she is in health care work and she has that Level 3 in diploma so it must be right then lol.

Level 3 in nursing isn’t a RGN or RMN.
    It may be that the Passport Office will accept it, but:
    a) that isn’t what their own guideline says (you’ve been provided with the URL to look for yourself!), and
    b) you are taking a risk that they might not accept it despite what the advisers said.
    You did get their names and record the calls, didn’t you?

From experience, as long as the person countersigning the picture has a uk passport they'll accept it.
    I had mine countersigned by my neighbour who works in a school as adminicon, not a teacher, not even graduated.

Basic Account Holder

Update: Yesterday I went to the Post Office to post my Passport application and I used the check and send service, the lady who served me looked through my form and she said everything is ok with the form and I got my former teacher (who she now has now retired) to sign for it and the lady said it will take six weeks to get an update on my interview to continue my passport application. So all good!

Basic Account Holder

Update: Passport office has booked my interview for Tuesday 25 September at 12.15pm - I am just wondering what's the dress code for these interviews? could I come in my jeans and t-shirt slogan (Nobody Knows I'm Gay) or do they not allow slogan t-shirts into the building?

Given how seriously you're taking this and how much you've fretted about things going wrong, do you think it's appropriate to wear a slogan?

HB

Just wear a normal shirt and trousers. No need to try and make some sort of a statement.

Basic Account Holder

Just wondering, what sort of questions will I be asked at the interview? I am just worried in case I get the answer wrong and I get my passport declined, feeling nervous now lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Channing_tatumfan455 View Post
    Just wondering, what sort of questions will I be asked at the interview? I am just worried in case I get the answer wrong and I get my passport declined, feeling nervous now lol.
    I fyou get the answer wrong, then you shouldnt have one. They just ask for name, address, employment, they pick some random amounts from your bank statement and ask about them ( yes they have access to them), and a couple other questions just to verify your identity.

Youre worrying way too much over all this. its just a passport. Youll be in and out of the office in less than 20 mins.

said that from the begining, a lot a flap with little object & most of the proceedure having been told was more commonsence than no knowledge// and easily found on line answers on the relevant page,

Thread now closed
    Unnecessary posts removed

To the OP
    Simply report this post to get it reopened when you have any constructive updates

Dx

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5