style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2085 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

i've been at my current property now for almost 15 years , house lookrf after , rent paid on time.

The house is rented through a letting agency.

About 2 years ago , at the time of setting up a new contract (yearly) , I was advised the landlord wanted to sell the property , as such I was told a break clause needed to be added to the contract , giving the landlord the right to give 2 months notice.

I had to put up with strangers looking around my house then for whatever reason the landlord decided he didn't want to sell.

My lease has come up again this year and as well as a £20 rent increase I noticed that the break clause was still there.

I asked for the break clause to be removed as it is not required anymore , the reply from the letting agency is that the landlord is happy to do this...for a further £20 increase!!!

I'm not happy the agency is trying to make a quick buck , do I have any rights here other than the right to go and find another house ?