Marc Gander - The Consumer Survival Handbook

A 220 page introduction to all things consumer related by our own BankFodder.

Includes energy companies, mobile phone providers, retailers, banks, insurance companies,debt collection agencies, reclaim companies, secondhand car sellers, cowboy garages, cowboy builders and all the rest who put their own profits before you.

£6.99

Patricia Pearl - Small Claims Procedure - A Practical Guide

An excellent guide for the layperson in how to use the County Court - a must if you are intending to start a claim.

£19.99 + £1.50 (P&P)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Basic Account Holder
    Do you record your calls?
    You'll regret it if you don't.

Follow Real_CAG on Twitter
    Cagger since : Jul 2016

Default Ne parking windscreen PCN - residential parking - Adelaide Court, Rear adelaide street, Blackpool

I was visiting a friend in Blackpool and parked at the rear of their house as i have done many times before.

He has two parking spaces included in his tenancy agreement and he gave me permission to park there.
    I recieved a ticket and a 60 charge for "parking without permission"

Should i appeal or just ignoreicon it?
    I used to know a bit about this stuff but i believe the law has changed???
    will i need to pay it?

Follows
    Following

Default Re: Ne parking windscreen PCN - residential parking - Adelaide Court, Rear adelaide street, Blackpool

Hi.

Could you give us the details requested in the forum sticky please? Link below.

https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.u...Parking-Ticket

HB

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING
    EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Illegitimi non carborundum.

Follows
    Following

Basic Account Holder

Default Re: Ne parking windscreen PCN - residential parking - Adelaide Court, Rear adelaide street, Blackpool

The date of infringement was 05/08/2018

I havent appealed or contacted them at all yet

I havent recieved a NTK with any photographic evidence. just a PCN with a paymen slip

the parking company is NE PARKING LTD

The car park is behind Adelaide Court, Rear adelaide street, Blackpool

Thank you for that, the guys should be along later to advise you.

Please hold off doing anything until they've asked any further questions they have.

Could we see the PCN please, minus any identifying information?

HB

Follows
    Following

await he NTK which must arrive between 29-56 days
    not before
    not after.

can your mate get lots of pix of the signs please
    and where they are.
    esp the entrance

PLEASE REFRAIN FROM HITTING 'REPLY WITH QUOTE' IF YOU ARE SIMPLY REPLYING TO THE LAST POST IN A THREAD..JUST TYPE!!
    it makes a thread twice as long to scroll through..save data download times and costs
    If you want advice please PM me a link to your thread. PM advice is not allowed!!
    DX
    RIP Martin3030

Follows
    Following

Basic Account Holder

Default Re:  Ne parking windscreen PCN - residential parking - Adelaide Court, Rear adelaide street, Blackpool

Thanks for your help.

I think i posted the pics twice so you might need to delete them again.

Here is the PDFicon and Il get pics of the signage when i go back to tomorrow

Attached Files Attached Files
    Follows
    Following

Default Re: Ne parking windscreen PCN - residential parking - Adelaide Court, Rear adelaide street, Blackpool

I've redacted it for you

If you're going back tomorrow, you could end up with a nice collection of these. Although, you'll have to go some to beat me

We could use your help

Please note that my posts are my opinion only and should not be taken as any kind of legal advice.

If I've helped you at all, please feel free to click on the little star under my posts and leave feedback
    Follows
    Following

Basic Account Holder

Default Re:  Ne parking windscreen PCN - residential parking - Adelaide Court, Rear adelaide street, Blackpool

More

Attached Images Attached Images

Default Re: Ne parking windscreen PCN - residential parking - Adelaide Court, Rear adelaide street, Blackpool

Much better to use one multipage PDFicon please
    Read uploadicon

PLEASE REFRAIN FROM HITTING 'REPLY WITH QUOTE' IF YOU ARE SIMPLY REPLYING TO THE LAST POST IN A THREAD..JUST TYPE!!
    it makes a thread twice as long to scroll through..save data download times and costs
    If you want advice please PM me a link to your thread. PM advice is not allowed!!
    DX
    RIP Martin3030

Follows
    Following

not an offer of a contract to park, the only way of forming a contract is to breach the conditions of parking so one can say the signage is designed to deter parking, not offer terms.
    That makes the demand for money unlawful.

The parking co's arent bright enough to know the difference so dont bother trying and explaining this to them yet, you can tell their best mates Gladstones solicitors ( proprietors, Will and John) that their clients are stupid for listeneing to the IPC ( proprietors Will and John) when doing their joined up writing.

you had permission and that is somehting NE parking cant give or take away

Follows
    Following

Basic Account Holder

so in terms of what to do about it should I but wait or contact them?

You wait for them to issue a NTK, which must arrive between 29-56 days after the date of the event. The chances are that will be wrong as well and that gives you more ammunition to fight this battle.

Read loads of other threads here as well, that way you will realise what the POFA is about and how it is your friend in most cases. Read up on signage and what they must include to be an offer of a contract. Once you have done this it all becomes less scarya nd you wont waqnt to rush into things becasue they say tyhe world will fall in if you dont pay now. it wont, that is them hoping they havent been rumbled

Hi
    More importantly, your friend has two parking spaces in his tenancy which overrides any perceived power of NE. You had your friends permission to park.

As for the signs, they are prohibitive in nature so you cannot be charged with any breach, only trespass. You won't get a fair deal from them anyway as they are members of the IPC which is an old boys club who look after themselves first. Appealing to the IAS is also fruitless as it is run by the IPC and is totally biased in the parking companies favour.

They try to blind people with terms that are confusing.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor
    Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE
    Follows
    Following

Basic Account Holder

OK guys, the "Notice to Keeper" letter has arrived. Please can you advise wh my next move is.. Thanks

Attached Images Attached Images

Thank you for the documents. It would be kind if you could resave them as PDFicon files so that people using mobiles can zoom in on them please.

HB

Follows
    Following

read uploadicon

DX
    RIP Martin3030

Follows
    Following

Basic Account Holder

sorry i forgot about that. here are the files

Follows
    Following

Basic Account Holder

so what do i do next?

That ntk isn't compliant. Plus parking without permission? That would be trespass and you can't create a contract with them to break the law as the only means of creating one.

Basic Account Holder

so best to do nothing then? I asume they arent going to take this to court?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast