Amazon 3rd Party Return

mrbrooks
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2059 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi everyone, I have an issue I am a little confused with, as in what to do about it and who to tackle.

I purchased an item from Amazon, a router, sold by Ebuyer, via Amazon, this was on the 24th June.

The router as it was not really working as advertised, such as, WiFi dropping, wired clients dropping, phones and tablets not being able to connect to the WiFi unless rebooted, and generally it was a poor experience, I updated the firmware as recommended by Netgear and gave it another week but not much seemed to change, so I made a request with Amazon for a return on the 30th July.

Amazon informed me that it was a 'seller return' and I would have to wait for Ebuyer to basically OK the return, which they did on the 31st July, and provided me with an RMA number.

I called Ebuyer on the 1st Aug as they had requested that I provide a day/date I was available for the collection, and to confirm the collection address, and the collection was scheduled for the 2nd Aug.

On the 2nd, sometime around 1:30 ish, I heard a knock at the door, I was in the back room, and my house is small, so it took me no more than 15-20 seconds to put down what I was doing and get to the front door, which by the way, was wide open due to the heat of the day, upon where I see a guy walking up my short drive, back to his van.

So I called out to him and he came back to the door, I handed him the parcel, he put a sticker on the box and walked off, I asked about a receipt and he mumbled I did not need one and he just carried on and got in his van and left.

I was a bit worried about not having proof of collection and on the 6th decided to email Ebuyer via the Amazon messae centre and also called them, and the lady on the phone said, OK I will arrange another collection for you, as this was has failed. At which point I said, it has already been collected as I have already told you and she said, ooohhh... and then said, OK you better leave it until Wednesday, just in case it turns up, which is today of course.

Now Ebuyer is saying that Yodel is claiming that they never collected the parcel due no one being available at the premises and that the GPS shows this as probable too, I have no idea how they can tell this from GPS though.

So my question(s), what should I do? I have checked on Amazon and I believe I can now request Amazon investigate this but am kind of worried that I am going to get stuck at the, 'well the item has not yet been returned for a refund' and I am still over £100 out of pocket.

I have told Ebuyer I am more than happy to report this to the police as theft and make a formal statement/complaint to Yodel about the matter, partly because I am happy to do this and plan to if the package does not appear, and partly in the hope it may help to suddenly and mysteriously 'find' the package.

Of course, I had no direct contact with Yodel other than handing the package over to the driver, and it was Ebuyer who arranged the collection and chose the company, so figure they are at fault and they should be making efforts to get this fixed, but kind of get the feeling they are going to sit on it and let it look like the item was never collected.

I am now concerned that I am going to be left without the package and no refund and ultimatetly be over £100 down with no way to address it.

Any thoughts? Ideas? Who to tackle? What to say? Any input is most welcome and most appreciated.

Regards

Hi all, well, it turns out that the item has now appeared from hidden corner of a van or warehouse and the status has now been changed to 'collected and delivered', so thats a result and hopefully no more having to chase them up.

Regards all.