Marc Gander - The Consumer Survival Handbook

A 220 page introduction to all things consumer related by our own BankFodder.

Includes energy companies, mobile phone providers, retailers, banks, insurance companies,debt collection agencies, reclaim companies, secondhand car sellers, cowboy garages, cowboy builders and all the rest who put their own profits before you.

£6.99

Patricia Pearl - Small Claims Procedure - A Practical Guide

An excellent guide for the layperson in how to use the County Court - a must if you are intending to start a claim.

£19.99 + £1.50 (P&P)

+ Reply to Thread
    Basic Account Holder
    Do you record your calls?
    You'll regret it if you don't.
    Johnshell Novitiate

Follow Real_CAG on Twitter
    Cagger since : Aug 2018

Default DCBL advice? Letter of Claim

Can anyone give me advice on this letter?
    It doesn't have any information on from when it was from.

I remember my wife getting a charge for her permit at work not being correctly shown a long time ago and we ignoredicon it, but this has been sent today.

Attached Files
    Follows
    Following

Site Team dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk's Avatar

Cagger since : Dec 2006

Default Re: DCBL advice? Letter of Claim

Moved to ppc forum
    Hidden your pic
    Pers details showing

Pop it up as a PDFicon
    Read uploadicon

Itis not a fine

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS
    Click Here To Make A Donation
    If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread
    my views are my own...seek legal advice if necessary
    NEVER EVER - act on a private message asking you to visit another website, make contact 'off list' or by phone alert the siteteam
    DX RIP Martin3030
    Follows
    Following

Basic Account Holder
    Johnshell Novitiate

Sorry, new to this and using a mobile device so not sure how to post a pic.

I have typed it up instead. Here it is.

ITS HEADED WITH
    DCBL LEGAL
    civil & commercial litigation solicitors

Dear....

letter of claimicon*
    Urgent action required.

We act on behalf of direct collection bailiffs limited (DCBL) in respect of a debt due under an agreement between you and northern parking services (north east) Ltd.

Please accept this as a formal letter of claimicon in accordance with the CPR practice direction - pre action protocol for debt claims.

claiment
    Northern parking services (north east) Ltd.

defendant
    My details.

basis of claim
    You enter into an agreement with northern parking services (north east) Ltd under reference WR306386. In accordance with the terms of that agreement and previous correspondence sent to you, there remains a balance outstanding. In light of the supporting evidence, correspondence and invoices, you are liable for the sums due.

amount of claim
    The sum claimed is a total of 482.40 together with further accuring interest as permitted under s69 county courticon 1984 at the rate of 8.25% (8.50% if after 02.11.12) per annum in till judgement or earlier payment. Costs will also be applied should a claim become necessary.

To ensure no further action will take place please make immediate payment via our 24 hour payment line on 01302 897022 using reference number 494840.

You are expected to acknowledge this letter of claim and pay the debt in full*within 30 days of the date of this letter. Failure to do so will result in a claim being issued against you WITHOUT further notice.

Any idea what I should do next?

Thanks in advance.

Platinum Account Holder
    Help the CAG!!
    Make a donation
    brassnecked Authoritative brassnecked Authoritative brassnecked Authoritative brassnecked Authoritative brassnecked Authoritative brassnecked Authoritative brassnecked Authoritative brassnecked Authoritative brassnecked's Avatar

Cagger since : Nov 2009

Defend the claim using MCOL. The team will be along soon with further advice, meanwhile can you get pictures of the workplace car park and any signage from the Parking Cowboy?

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!
    Follows
    Following

Site Team dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk's Avatar

ITS NOT A claimformicon.

its a letter of claimicon.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS
    NEVER EVER - act on a private message asking you to visit another website, make contact 'off list' or by phone alert the siteteam
    DX RIP Martin3030
    Follows
    Following

Basic Account Holder
    Johnshell Novitiate

Default Re:  DCBL advice? Letter of Claim

Quote Originally Posted by dx100uk View Post
    ITS NOT A claimformicon.

its a letter of claimicon.
    Sorry for seeming silly, but what's the difference.

Default Re: DCBL advice? Letter of Claim

post 1 uploadicon redacted and converted to PDFicon

has you wife moved since the incident?

I see other paperwork underneath before my redaction of the unapproved image
    can you scan up ALL what they have sent please to one multipage PDFicon.

DX RIP Martin3030
    Follows
    Following

Basic Account Holder
    Johnshell Novitiate

The wife works for a car insurance company and they have a private car park, which you need a permit for. We had one in the window, but it had slid slightly down the dash, hence the fine. On the first letter from northern parking it has a picture of our car in the bay. But not of the permit.

court forms come from the court not some powerless tinpot DCAicon.

they are not bailiffs in this instance
    zero legal powers
    zero legal authority to instigate any court claim

only ne parking can do that.

DX RIP Martin3030
    Follows
    Following

IT IS NOT A FINE
    2nd time
    where does any of the paperwork use that word
    its a speculative invoice
    whats the paperwork below the scanned sheet I see
    is this other stuff they have sent
    or that you have regarding this parking ticket

DX RIP Martin3030
    Follows
    Following

Basic Account Holder
    Johnshell Novitiate

I don't have access to a computer. Just a smart phone.

No she hasn't moved.

And I I can't link the latest letter which I have put up to the original fine, because it won't match the reference number.

The rest of the paper work is asking for salary and if I own a home etc.

We need the rest of everything they sent (not the reply form)
    The paperwork under the letter of claimicon thats the ntk from ne parking
    Wr need fo see it please?
    Am i correct it is?

DX RIP Martin3030
    Follows
    Following

Basic Account Holder
    Johnshell Novitiate

Yes, what's the easiest way to uploadicon it from a mobile?

Do you want a secure email or can you take pix
    Redact probably and convert to PDFicon using the listed programs in the uploadicon guide

DX RIP Martin3030
    Follows
    Following

Basic Account Holder
    Johnshell Novitiate

I can email?
    I've taken photos of it all, And edited.

Use conver jpg 2 PDFicon prog
    Then mergepdf prog
    In uploadicon guide

DX RIP Martin3030
    Follows
    Following

Gold Account Holder lookinforinfo Authoritative lookinforinfo Authoritative lookinforinfo Authoritative lookinforinfo Authoritative lookinforinfo Authoritative lookinforinfo Authoritative lookinforinfo Authoritative lookinforinfo Authoritative lookinforinfo Authoritative lookinforinfo Authoritative lookinforinfo Authoritative

Cagger since : Mar 2006

Has your wife not spoken to her boss about this. Her Company should be able to get it cancelled since they know she has a genuine permit and that permit outranks any halfwit parking company who thinks they can increase a 100 parking ticket to an outrageous 482. Where do they live-Cloud Cuckoo land? And DCBL going along with it. I hope no one ever needs a litigation solicitor that badly that they use DCBL. That letter is a complete joke even excluding their poor grammar and misspelling.

IF some one has a permit to park then they have not entered into a contract with NPS. And as such there is absolutely no necessity to pay a brass farthing [whatever that is] at any time far less than within 30 days. Muppets.

And relax, if you follow the excellent instructions you will get on this site you will pay nothing because even if you had been the driver you would still owe nothing.

Reclaim the Right Ltd. - reg.05783665 in the UK reg. office:- 923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE
We use cookies to personalise content and ads and to provide social media features. We also share information about your use of our site with our advertising and analytics partners. See details