Alev Uk secured credit ltd chasing Repossession Shortfall

cat10
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1837 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

Has anybody heard of Alev Uk secured credit ltd.

Can’t find a great deal about them.

It’s regarding a shortfall on the mortgage after a repossession.

Never had a mortgage with them, I’m presume they have bought an old debt.

We have never had contact with the lender since repossession 10 years ago!

Any help would be appreciated.

Edited by dx100uk
Spacing

Thread moved to the correct forum...please continue to post here to your thread.

Thread title amended

Regards

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

duplicate threads merged

Duplicate posts removed

Not on the fca register..ignore the fleecers

Can you scan to pdf please read upload

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

They are using Shoosmiths.

Haven’t a clue who they are.

It has been just over 10 yrs since the house was repossessed not once have I had any communication with the lender. Just a standard letter Shoosmiths are acting for the client named above, please contact to discuss ways of paying etc, in 14 days.

I will wait and see what comes next.

Do I use the 6 year no contact?

Edited by dx100uk
Spacing

Have you received a Letter ?

From Shoos or Alev Uk secured credit ltd ?

Mortgage shortfalls ( capital ) are 12 years...only mortgage interest is 6 years.

Andy

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

Letter from Shoosmiths on the behalf of Alev uk.

It was my understanding if there is no contact from the lender in the first 6 years then if they follow the code of good practice they would have a job to pursue it.

Alev were the not the original lender so they must have bought the debt.

If the original lender thought they had a good chance of getting the money back would they have sold it on.

Just starting to get my head around the issue.

Edited by dx100uk
Spacing

Was you aware the debt had been assigned ? Did you ever receive a Notice of Assignment ?

Do you owe capital or interest? This will affect which time limit applies to your debt. In most cases, it will be capital and the 12 year rule will apply. If you think you owe interest then 6 year rule applies.

Check if your original mortgage lender is a member of UK Finance. If they did not contact you before 11 February 2000 and it is six years or more since the house was sold without any contact from your lender, you can use the UK Finance policy with your lender.

Has your lender sent you a letter within six years of the sale confirming that there is a mortgage shortfall and that they intend to recover the debt? If you did not receive this letter you may be able to complain to the Financial Ombudsman Service (FOS).

Hi

No I wasn't aware it had been assigned. I haven't had any kind of letter/communication with the original lender. It never appeared on my credit report.

I suspect I will owe capital plus charges. The original lender was Deutsche bank then sold to Total Mortgage Solutions.

Should I wait and get the next letter before challenging?

TMS typically only ever handled shortfalls that are unenforceable for whatever reason

Thats why theyve sold it on again

Pers id sit on it

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Might be prudent to issue a DSAR to them and get all the information they hold...then your one step ahead.

Thanks. I will wait for the next letter, see what form of wording it takes. I didn’t want to SAR them at this stage, as then I’ve made contact. Plus the SAR will delay the process.What stage would I complain regarding no contact for ten years, and to whom would I complain to?

p'haps it might be prudent to sar the original lender, or the one that owned the mortgage at the time and just after repo?

that will show you if any letters were sent regarding the shortfall?

this shouldn't 'alert' Alec to anything

and they

doubt it!!

seems like they are after funding their holidays on free money by finding some mugs to fleece.

obv bought an old portfolio of these shortfalls from another fleecer that failed and are trying to offset their obv 'loss' when they found out they been had by their mates in the trade

and they

• 2 weeks later...

Just a quick update. Received another letter, basically the same as the first. Gives me another 14 days to reply. Going to sit tight and see what the next letter has to say.

• 6 months later...

Hi Everybody.

Since my first post regarding this issue back in August 18, I have received numerous letters from Shoosmiths wanting to discuss a payment plan etc.

I have now received a letter from them stating that since I haven't replied they are going to advise their client to issue legal proceedings regarding the shortfall owed on the mortgage.

Any advice would be appreciated, do I wait for legal letter? 

Do you think ShooSmiths are just threating?

Ah you have a thread sorry

Sounds like more silly threats to me.

and they