Help with my debts needed please!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2061 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I have managed to get myself into around £19k of debts with credit cards and am looking for advice.

I would like to do my own DMP and am wondering if this would be possible?

After paying my mortgage and other bills I am only left with around £120, to spilt between 6 creditors.

These were all taken out after 2007.

The highest is marbles which I owe £5100 and the rest are all around £3,000 and £2000.

Any help would be welcome.

Edited by dx100uk
Spacing

Ofcourse you can

Are they still with the original creditors or with powerless dca's?

Have you sent each a cca request?

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Forget about DMP right now.

Can you list all your debts, the amounts they are for. and dates taken out, last payment made etc. Who they are with and if any DCA's are chasing you. Also check yoru credit file and let us know which ones are on there.

Please dont go thinking about settlements right now. If they are all credit card debts, they are all non priority debts and should be treated as such.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Hi Many thanks for your replies.

All Accounts are up to date at the moment and still with the orginal creditors, but I cant continue to repay them as I'm robbing Peter to pay Paul. I haven't requested any CCA agreements, as they are all quite new, the earliest being 2014 and newer. I have just thought that they would all still have the original agreements on file.

They are as follows:

Marbles = £5100 up to date

Aqua = £3700 up to date

Cashplus = £3,000 up to date

Vanquis = £2,000 up to date.

MBA = £1.500 up to date

Tesco 2 Cards £5,000 up to date

They are all showing on my Credit Report.

Thank you

First thing to do is to write, not email, to them and let them know you are in financial difficulty and they need to assist you.

You want them to agree to a payment plan, and STOP any interest or charges being added whilst you get a handle on things.

Is there any PPI on these cards?

As these are all non-priority debts, then you can drop payments down to £1 a month, IF they refuse to help you.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Dont go offering something you cant stick to. Write and say you are in severe difficulty and will they accept 5-10 for a period of 3-6 months upon which you will work with them and review payments.

They shouldnt sell it to a DCA quick. Their credit licence tells them that they must work with people who ar ein difficulty. Not just sell debts on or go to court without helping.

Also remember, dont let them tell you how much to pay. You will be telling them. Never leave yourself short, so youre barely scraping by when paying off debts. Give your self a buffer so you can still have entertainment or a day out and youre not struggling for food.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Hopefully most will sell quickly

Then CCA time

and they