PIP Application call charges

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2084 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

A friend has been charged £27.56 in service/ call charges when applying for PIP over the telephone.

I am aware that Esther McVey had been challenged regarding call charges with 08 numbers and I see that the government website has been changed to 0800 numbers now.

However, I cannot see when the website was updated.

Is there any chance of claiming these charges back from DWP/PIP as they are extortionate for vulnerable people who do not understand the implications of service charges on top of call charges?

Santander PPI X 2 **WON** claims on behalf of son (Oct 2010/ Mar 2011)

Citicard O/H (PPI) - **WON** Compound Interest Dec 2011

Citicard O/H (Charges) Bailiffs sent in August 2012

Barclaycard - **WON** Compound Interest Oct 2011

Monument - account information being sought for OH

Citicard - self - N1 submitted August 2012

Barclaycard - self - **WON** damages for non disclosure/information now rec'd. Aug 2012

Barclaycard - relation - Failed SAR sent 29/09/11

Halifax SAR sent 18/08/2011 for relation

LTSB - SAR sent 09/08/2011 for friend

https://www.gov.uk/call-charges

Then when you click on the 0844 charges the next link to Ofcom explains this in more detail https://www.ofcom.org.uk/phones-telecoms-and-internet/advice-for-consumers/advice/uk-calling.

The government do not advertise this openly, they advise you check with your service provider, but Esther McVey has finally surcombed to pressure and it is now a freephone number. My point is, how can I check when the Gov website was updated to reflect this?

Santander PPI X 2 **WON** claims on behalf of son (Oct 2010/ Mar 2011)

Citicard O/H (PPI) - **WON** Compound Interest Dec 2011

Citicard O/H (Charges) Bailiffs sent in August 2012

Barclaycard - **WON** Compound Interest Oct 2011

Monument - account information being sought for OH

Citicard - self - N1 submitted August 2012

Barclaycard - self - **WON** damages for non disclosure/information now rec'd. Aug 2012

Barclaycard - relation - Failed SAR sent 29/09/11

Halifax SAR sent 18/08/2011 for relation

LTSB - SAR sent 09/08/2011 for friend

Strange! When I applied for PIP in February, I rang them and was greeted with a voicemail telling me to ring an 0800 number. My initial thought was that your friend had used a copycat website and got the charges that way.

If they calls were made before the change, I doubt that they could be claimed back but if you don't ask, you don't get.

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

Strange! When I applied for PIP in February, I rang them and was greeted with a voicemail telling me to ring an 0800 number. My initial thought was that your friend had used a copycat website and got the charges that way.

If they calls were made before the change, I doubt that they could be claimed back but if you don't ask, you don't get.

That was one of the reasons for asking when they applied. I claimed in January of this year and that was a freephone number.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]