style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2050 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

Althought it is embarrassing, I was caught stealing in Primark (UK) with a friend.

It was a huge mistake, especially for a value of 30 £ and we will never do that again.

We felt very ashamed and my friend was shocked because the guards were quite violent (orally) towards her.

The police wasn’t contacted but we understood we made something unethical that's why we gave our driving license and our mailing address to the security.

We are not UK residents and are currently living in Belgium.

Until now, I received two letters and to clarify the situation, I added it in attachment of this post.

Should I have to respond to these letters ?

I read old threads on this forum with all your advices but to be sure not making another mistake, I prefer to ask your opinion again.

Thanks for your time, we will not doing it again for sure, the lesson has been learnt.

RLP Letters.pdf

Ignore ignore and when you worry... Ignore some more. The company chasing you has nothing to do with UK law and cannot do a single thing

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Hello and welcome to CAG.

Renegade is right about not worrying about this. The best thing is to learn from it and not shoplift again.

I've merged your duplicate threads. If you can't see what you just typed, try hitting your browser's Refresh button.

Best, HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

OK thanks for your answer !

Your forum is very useful to help people.

Thanks for welcoming me !

Yes absolutely, it was one of the worst idea of my life.

So the best option is even to not answer them ?

Yes I had an issue when I tried to edit the post, that's why two threads were created.

Thanks for fixing it.

Best regards

They will just send you letters which are designed to look scary, but when you actually read them, they just talk a load of rubbish, stating things they say they can do but legally can never do. They may then pass it to a DCA to try their luck, but they can do even less.

Just bin the stuff and move on with your life.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

letters upload to pdf in post 1

TOTALLY ignore them

I see she is still using the ACPO stuff!!

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi and a warm welcome from me.

All the advice you have been given so far is correct. Primark use RLP as their 'tool' of choice in chasing these speculative invoices. I call them that because there is no truth in statements made by RLP.

So long as you keep the will power up, these letters will eventually end and they will bother you no more.

Remember, RLP can do nothing to you-ever. Primark could but they don't as it is not cost effective for them to do so.

One little niggle with your post though. You didn't make a mistake. You made a poor choice. vastly different. So long as you stick to your vow of never doing this again, we will help you.

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

Hi !

Yes, you have absolutely right, there is a nuance between mistake / bad choice and I actually made a very bad choice.

Thanks for your help and your empathy !

Have a nice week

Regards