• Tweets

• Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 160 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

GDPR SAR Medical Records to GP - failed twice - help

MrSmithers
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1750 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• 1 month later...

I put a request in (handed in at doctors so no proof of post) about 7/8 weeks ago now and have heard absolutely nothing back, not even a letter to say it would take longer than the required time frame. Any advice on how to proceed please?

Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Again after posting this in via recorded mail i have heard nothing back. The original letter was handed in around August and then posted in on the 8th November.

Is this normal? Has it happened to anyone else?

I dont know whether i should ring the surgery to complain, the NHS or even their watchdog?

Thanks for reading.

retitled and moved to the NHS forum as data protection is a bit low on readers

this might help too:

https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?391996-NHS-GP-SAR-Guide-to-Obtain-a-copy-of-or-view-your-patient-records-Updated(7-Viewing)-nbsp

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

ICO say you should send a formal complaint to the GP about them not responding to the SAR and if that too is ignored refer it to the ICO.

https://ico.org.uk/your-data-matters/raising-concerns/

I'm not sure whether there would be any benefit in copying that to anyone else in the NHS. GPs are independent contractors, not NHS employees, so it's really only the GP you can pursue for the information they hold.

I suggest that you start off by reading this post https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?492106-Npower-2-year-nightmare-Please-help&p=5170199&viewfull=1#post5170199 which I put up about the failure of GDPR and what you can expect from the ICO

Thank you for the replies.

Im going to start off with the formal complaint to the surgery.

Is there any reason why i should not email this in rather than submit a letter? Im thinking emails leave a better trail then letters.

never use email

you need a verifiable PAPERTRAIL

1st class mail with free proof of posting from the PO counter

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Would you mind telling us why you are asking for the data.

Okay. For whatever reason you seem to be constrained by fairly unsocial hours. This means that it is rather difficult to help you with your problem.

However, I would suggest that a fairly effective way forward would be to identify the data controller, make sure that you have sent your SAR to that data controller and if everything has been done correctly, then to threaten to bring an action for breach of statutory duty. I'm not sure how it works in the NHS. If the data controller is the GP practice that you are dealing with then I would have thought they would be anxious to avoid a judgement for breach of statutory duty because they will be obliged to report it to the GMC. This would cause them huge problems.

So, can you confirm the validity of your SAR and of the data controller you sent it to and let us know who that is.

So, can you confirm the validity of your SAR and of the data controller you sent it to and let us know who that is.

Sorry if its a stupid question but how do you mean?

I copied the new SAR request from these forums and edited slightly (copy attached) for my needs, got them signed and then they were handed in and later posted to the surgery.

Thank you for the help by the way.

gp sar.pdf

When you are contemplating this kind of action it is best to be very prepared and to doublecheck at every step. You don't want to be in a position where you issue proceedings and then suddenly find that there is a viable defence on the basis of some technicality.

Who is the data controller? Have you discovered this? I don't know how NHS records are controlled under the data protection regime. Is the data controller within the practice or is it some more generalised NHS data controller.

You need to check this and be absolutely certain. I suppose it might even be possible that you haven't sent your SAR to the correct person – in which case the SAR would not be valid.

I'm recommending this caution for your sake because it will be you who will suffer the humiliation of a defeat and also the loss of a claim fee – however little that might be. Much better to make sure that all your ducks are in a row and then you can go in heavy.

A quick thought on this one - you say that the request is on behalf of a family member. My initial thinking would be around whether or not you’re entitled to that information, whether or not the practice has received separate instruction from the data subject and whether or not you have the data subject’s consent to access their data in a form that is easily agreed upon and demonstrated to the data controller. It’s very unusual for no response to be made at all but I have dealt with requests where the patient has expressly told us not to provide any information about their care to family members. Another added complication can be in instances of family break ups where vexatious requests are made to try to gather information to undermine the other party.

My views are my own and are not representative of any organisation. if you've found my post helpful please click on the star below.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry for leaving this so long...

I had a good search the other day because i was sure i had used this site to identify who i should have sent the SAR to in the first place but couldn't find anything here or elsewhere. Im certain i was helped somewhere with this bit and that the Doctors Surgery was the place to contact because i wanted copies of everything.

I think at this point i would like to just contact the doctors surgery anyway as im sure any answer to a complaint will be putting me in the right direction.

With regards to permission the SAR i wrote up was addressed from and signed by the relevant family member.

• 4 months later...