Lowell Financial - BT PLC

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2063 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello

I've received a "Payment Due" letter from Lowell today. Stating " your former BT PLC account remains unpaid. I did have a BT line but cancelled it when moved house in September 2015 and haven't had any dealings with them since.

Anything I need to do now as I am aware i cannot CCA a telecoms contract.

Thanks

DC

I would expect the figure is the outstanding monthlies till end of contract?

if so

9. Subject to the above, should the alleged amount claimed include an early termination charge(s) amounting to the total balance of the remaining contract, OFCOM guidance clearly states that any Early Termination Charge, that is made up of the entire balance of the remaining contract, is unlikely to be fair, as it fails to take into account the fact that the provider no longer has to provide and pay for their service.

dis you give BT [and any other creditors [debts] on your credit file] your new address after moving that you are not paying?

be careful of backdoor CCJ's if you didn't.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi dx

Whats the best course of action to take letter wise to find out the balance or to contest it?

I'm sure they had our new address as i believe we may have received a letter before regarding this but due to us not being in a great place coping with our debts we binned them.

Thanks

DC

Have you told in writing either bt or the powerless DCA your current address??

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Then you must.

You serious ly risk backdoor CCJ's that the 1st you know about then is bailiffs at your door..they can quite legally serve everything to an old address

The letters you are getting are phishing letters to see if you reply

In today's DCA climate never run from debt

So let's investigate the debt..

does it look like what i outlined in post 2

Several £100 greater than what you might have realistically owed..did you leave a debt and not tell bt you were moving?

and they

It looks like what you said in post 2, the default is showing dated October 2015 which is the month after we moved out.

We told BT we were moving house and needed to cancel our line. The debt is claimed at £173 which is quite possibly the remainder of the contract, unfortunately my wife dealt with all this at the time and she sometimes has a hard time remembering what she had for breakfast nevermind what happened three years ago.

No but you did atleast tell them to cancel?

If you did then thats not a termination fee but as post 2

So we can write to the powerless DCA and briefly tell them they are unfair under OFCOM guidelines..it also gives them the correct address.

For whatever else is on any credit file whereby the same address issue pfevails. You need to start a new thread for each debt

Esp if they are now owned by a DCA and the OC registered a default ed

and they

We definitely told them to cancel, I will draft up a letter and to Lowell. There are no other defaults showing on our files part from this one and all other accounts are current and up to date. I will post up the draft before sending if thats ok?

Thanks for your help

Yea ok

But just quote that point 9 in post 2 (thats taken from our court defence on these debts where lowells have issued acourt claim..they typically run away or lose!)

Add at the end that any court claim will be vigorously defence with regard to the above

and they