Claiming Prestige Finance/GE Unlawful Charges

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2085 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Today I received a large pile of documents from Prestige Finance, with whom I have a second mortgage.

I have identified 10 unlawful charges of £35 each.

But this account was previously held by lenders GE Money.

Either they went into administration and "became" Prestige Finance, or GE Money simply sold my account to Prestige Finance.

I have identified seven unlawful "administration charges" of £40 each while the account was with GE Money, before I found my account being handled by Prestige Finance.

So my question is in two parts.

1. Am I entitled to recover the £280 unlawfully charged to me by GE Money before Prestige Finance aquired the account (and if so, who do I get the money from? Prestige? Or GE, who may no longer exist?) I had always assumed that if a going concern such as a lender was aquired by another going concern then the buyer going concern would also be buying the seller's liabilities as well as its assets (in which case Prestige would be liable to refund me the money that GE had stolen from me). But I may be wrong in this case.

2. How do I get my money back from Prestige Finance?

Do I just ask for it back or do I need to take them to court?

Can I charge interest at the statutory 8% and how can I calculate that?

Can I add on anything else such as the time it has cost me and also the stress?

Thanks in advance.

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

moved to the mortgage forum and retitled

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

you are here already

and they

1. Am I entitled to recover the £280 unlawfully charged to me by GE Money before Prestige Finance aquired the account (and if so, who do I get the money from? Prestige? Or GE, who may no longer exist?) I had always assumed that if a going concern such as a lender was aquired by another going concern then the buyer going concern would also be buying the seller's liabilities as well as its assets (in which case Prestige would be liable to refund me the money that GE had stolen from me). But I may be wrong in this case.

You can try but you have to convince a court that they are unlawful and not just their Terms and conditions that you fell foul of in the conduct of your agreement.

2. How do I get my money back from Prestige Finance? Informal approach and then or court claim

Do I just ask for it back or do I need to take them to court? See above depends on their response but I doubt they will just role over and send you a refund

Can I charge interest at the statutory 8% and how can I calculate that? Yes on a court claim......discretion of the court to allow it.

Can I add on anything else such as the time it has cost me and also the stress? No

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread