Roman Originals Stores ...No fitting room

Paul1954
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2061 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi to all.

My severely disabled sister bought a dress and the store didn't have a fitting room.

It doesn't fit when she got it home.

I've googled and it seems shops don't legally have to provide a fitting room, let alone disabled, or allow you to try clothes on.

What I can't find is can she get a refund or must she accept a credit note.

Thanks

Paul

Name of store please Paul.

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Returns to store

We are happy to exchange any item returned to our Roman Originals stores with your receipt within 30 days (excluding delivery charge or discounts). In the unlikely event you are unable to find anything to exchange we will offer you the refund on a Gift Card.

https://www.romanoriginals.co.uk/terms-and-conditions

Thread title updated.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

I would argue that as they havent provided anywhere to try on the clothes then you havent actually "inspected" the goods so the contract is not yet complete.

As they also confuse over the counter sales with distance sales in ther blurb and the latter give you rights their blurb denies then the rest of their conditions arent worth a damn anyway.

The terms and conditions seem to only apply to web orders.

These Terms and Conditions refer to:-

a. your use of the Roman Originals.co.uk website or any subsequent URL which may replace it (the "Website"); and

b. your relationship with Roman Originals, with whom you will enter into a contract for the purchase of any products advertised on the Website (the "Products") that you decide to order.

She bought it instore?

I thought, from memory... if there was no way of trying clothes on instore you were entitled to a refund if they didn't fit when tried on at home?

Provided they were 'as bought', with packaging, labels etc intact.

How else could you know if they fit or not?

Thanks

Paul

They were the only T&Cs I could find and am aware they refer to online shopping ...but the line " We are happy to exchange any item returned to our Roman Originals stores " would apply to all purchases and returns and refunds methods and therefore your rights would be covered by the CRA 2015.

https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?440-The-Consumer-Rights-Act-2015

Well... it seems my dear sister has wasted my time and yours, which I apologise for.

She's been back to the store this afternoon.

No refund.

The assistant pointed out these terms on her receipt.

She accepted a credit voucher.

Looks like she's joining the many more on Trustpilot and other review sites.

Not many have a good word about Roman returns policy, customer services and staff, and won't be shopping there again.

Many thanks for all your help.

Paul

The assistant pointed out these terms on her receipt.

She accepted a credit voucher.

If she paid by credit card, she could try lodging a complaint with the CC company.

As for printing the T&Cs on the receipt that is issued after payment has been accepted sounds totally wrong. Don't suppose they have a sign in store in a prominent location where this terms are set out ?

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

No... you can't eat my brain just yet. I need it a little while longer.

Hello Mr.P and all.

I thought the same as you.

However, just rang Citizens Advice and I can't believe it but Romans are within their rights!

If you buy in-store and their terms state 'no refunds' then you must abide by it.

Vouchers etc are fine.

Don't know if they have T&C's displayed in store as well.

If you buy online that's a different matter, you get your refund.

Unless you're one of the many on Trustpilot.

regards,

Paul