Brittania ANPR PCN - Costa Lydiards Field Swindon SN5 8UY

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1891 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I've received a DRP letter yesterday.

This was for a visit at a Costa from two months ago so I was very surprised, and annoyed.

I contacted Brittania directly (see my correspondence below) before I had found this forum.

I can't understand how DRP can successfuly send me a letter while Brittania can't.

Is there grounds there for ignoring them?

They have sent me timestamped photos of my car with an overstay of 13 minutes.

I've read many similar threads with the general advice being to ignore the debt collection and parking agencies.

Given that I have contacted them via email, have I compromised my situation?

I have not yet formally appealed - I think.

Please find more relevant info below.

I look forward to hearing your thoughts on this.

Many thanks

1 Date of the infringement 01/06/2018

2 Date on the NTK [this must have been received within 14 days from the 'offence' date] I have never received an NTK - only a DRP letter

3 Date received As above

4 Does the NTK mention schedule 4 of The Protections of Freedoms Act 2012? [y/n?] As above

5 Is there any photographic evidence of the event? Brittania have sent me timestamped photos. I exceeded the allowed parking time by 13 minutes.

6 Have you appealed? {y/n?] post up your appeal] Y

To my great surprise I've received a Debt Recovery Plus ltd letter saying you have sent me a letter for a parking charge which was not answered which is completely untrue.

I have never received a letter from yourselves and therefore wasn't able to contact you and appeal it.

I was meeting clients at the Costa immediately next to where I had parked my car.

I was with the clients for no more than 90 minutes.

Is this worth noting we all were paying customers at the Costa.

I find it completely unacceptable to have to pay the £160 fees for staying at a cafe for a mere 90 minutes.

I was conducting my business and using the parking facilities reasonably.

As such I hope this parking charge will get cancelled without me having to escalate this matter further with the owners of the Costa I frequently visit.

Kind regards,

Have you had a response? [Y/N?] post it up Y

Thank you for your email.

Please be aware that we have a record of sending correspondence relating to this Parking Charge Notice on 7th June 2018, with a subsequence letter sent on 26th June 2018 to make you aware of the outstanding contravention. Britannia Parking cannot be held responsible for postal correspondence remaining unread having arrived at the address provided to them by the DVLA.

The terms and conditions of the car park detail that your information may be requested and shared with the BPA, DVLA , debt recovery agents and solicitors.

The Final reminder that was sent to you also advises, “If this notice is ignored, further action may be taken including instruction of debt collection agencies, solicitors and or court proceedings, all of which will incur further costs. To avoid further unnecessary costs or actions please pay the Parking Charge within the aforementioned time period.”

Britannia Parking laid clear the terms and details of our appeals process and payment to resolve this Parking Charge Notice, and cannot be held responsible for postal correspondence remaining unread.

As this PCN has been passed to Debt Recovery, a separate company from our own, Britannia Parking have no further comments to add regarding this PCN and consider this matter to be out of our hands.

Please refer all future correspondence to Debt Recovery.

7 Who is the parking company? Brittania

8. Where exactly [carpark name and town] Costa car park Lydiards Field Swindon SN5 8UY

I've also attached the timestamped photos they have sent me.

I look forward to your thoughts on this.

10075589.jpg

10075583.jpg

You have +10 mins grace period

Plus if yo look at the planning perm on the council site I bet the org time is 3 hrs and no powerless ppc or dca can change that

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I knew about the 10 minutes grace period. I wasn't aware of the 15 mins one.

I'm searching on the planning website it's ridiculous I can't find the planning perm. I'll contact the council.

Well its +10mins

There's no max so a least 10 mins

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Ok.

I've spend some time reading the planning application for the Costa and related facilities. I can't see any mention of parking cameras or any sort of enforcement. Has anyone looked at this?

On the Wiltshire council planning portal...

Capture.PNG

Look at the org planning application for the whole area

and they

complain to Costs for starters pouinting out that you havnt actually received any communication from the parking bandits and this is how they treat your customers etc.

Costs have come good before at this site so have a trawl through some of the older posts going back to last year.

I'm still going through this at the moment, but here is a link to the Wiltshire Planning portal and the original planning application.

https://unidoc.wiltshire.gov.uk/UniDoc/Document/Search/DSA,737606

On the original plans, 51 car parking spaces were applied for and granted. No time limit was ever asked for and was never imposed as part of the permission! I can't find any application(s) or grant of permission(s) to vary that.

And this is without going in to any permissions that they probably haven't got for their signage and ANPR cameras.

Game, Set & Match I reckon :lol:

Best to keep this information under your hat for now, it'd be useful if these clowns ever decided to try and take you (or someone else) to court, but not a great deal of use as far as an appeal to Brittania and/or POPLOL.

But at least you now know that their claim for your vehicle overstaying their self imposed 2 hour time limit are completely groundless.

Please note that my posts are my opinion only and should not be taken as any kind of legal advice.
In fact, they're probably just waffling and can be quite safely and completely ignored as you wish.

• 4 months later...

Thank you so much for your replies!

It's good to know I have some recourse.

Since I last posted, they have sent me various letters every month.

Today, they say they have transferred my file to this legal firm and wanting payment within 16 days.

I'd love to heat what's your opinion on this, and what are my options?

Thanks!

20181207_113434.jpg

you do nothing until or unless you get a letter of claim from their fake/tame paper only solicitor now.

and they

no it has to be titled as such.

and they

• 2 weeks later...

You just need to send our sorry insult letter

Just look at like threads

and they

Yes, a letter of claim from solicitors, NOT a letter from the court starting actual court action

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

One of EB's classics to BW Legal is post 2 at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?481128-Excel-BW-Legal-Peel-Centre-(again)-ANPR-PCN although it obviously needs to be altered to fit your own situation.

BTW, did you ever get on to Costa? If not contact the area manager or the CEO. Even better if you paid by card and/or can remember the date and what you purchased.

• Haha 1

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Hey Dave. Cheers although I did (stupidly!) admit to overstaying by 10 minutes. I did get on Costa on a possible levels and they sadly aren't moving.

Is there a difference between the two types of letter?

if you only ever over stayed by abour 10mis

then they don't have a leg to stand on as there is a MINIMUM of 10mins grace...

can you put everything you have placed as little pictures into ONE multipage PDF please

so we can zoom them.

just scan everything as it came to you

both sides of each letter please

REMEMBER to redact things properly INC barcode Qr'codes and PO codes

and they

A defended case will sink them, the quasi legal threats from the DCA are designed to scare people into paying something they don't oew, just like a CapitaTVL threatOgram sent to people who may not even need a TV Licence.

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

tidied the thread..

so snotty letter time as eb says use that link.

it puzzles me why you never received a NTK.

is the car not yours?

not registered to your address?

but your saving grace is as post 2

shame you used email and named yourself as the driver

dx

and they

You need to write to Costa ( or whoever owns them) at their legal dept stating you are going to name them as co-defendants in this matter should it go to court. It is still withn theior powers to cancel but unless they think tyey are going to lose more money than it is worth they wont do a thing because they may have to compensate the parking co every time the parking co screw up. ( yes, that is how it works!)