Brittania ANPR PCN - Costa Lydiards Field Swindon SN5 8UY

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1919 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I've just written to Costa saying I would name them as co defendant. I'll keep you updated on this.

I've also written this and will be sending it to BW LEGAL. Any changes I should consider before sending?

"CC.: Brittania Parking

CC.: Costa Ltd

It is denied that any monies are due to your client as there is no keeper liability in this matter and no contract was offered at the time.

I was not at the location on the day in question and have not received any initial correspondence let alone a notice that could create a keeper liability under the PoFA.

Furthermore, it is well known that there are massive problems with the signage at the site as these have been widely publicized. It is not possible to read the small font of the signage

Additionally, it appears that no planning permission was issued for any of the aforementioned signage, ANPR systems or even a limited parking duration for the Costa.

What's more, the claimed £160 legal fees is considered extravagant considering the alleged duration of the parking was exceeded by only 12 minutes and 37 seconds, according to your own ANPR systems.

It is also well known that Brittania and BW Legal are aware of this so this claim is not a genuine attempt at recovering monies allegedly owed to you but merely a poor attempt to coerce me into paying money not owed and that this continues as an abuse of the Civil Procedure system as a method of unregulated debt collection activity. Any such action will be resisted and a counterclaim for breach of the DPA may be issued for failing to adhere to the KADOE contract terms.

Please ensure all future correspondence is directed to the above address

Kind regards,"

Thanks!

fees of £160- i would change this as you are misunderstanding where it comes from.

Tell them that they are flying a kite by demanding £160 as they well know that the maximum that can be charged is the amount specified on the NTK. This is the law and as lawyers, albeit rubbish ones, they should know this.

do not think about changing this just to be polite, this is the polite version. Dont mention the length of the overstay as it shows your ignorance of contract law. Save this point for later if necessary as the CoP they are supposed to abide by is a minimum standard

why end with kind regards? yu use the formal letter writing of dear sirs and yours faithfully

• 3 weeks later...

one multipage PDF please so we can zoom and move around

read upload

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

not max for the grace period is given

it just says minimum of 10mins ..

i'd let this run now.

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

BW cant start anything, it is down to their clients.

BWL have also told you porkies when they say you are liable for the agreed extra monies for sending you stupid letters.

This isnt true as that only applies to the driver and they make it clear they are relying on the POFA to create a keeper liability so that bit doesnt apply.

Of course they arent going to admit thsi because they dont get to keep the extra for themselves if you dont pay it and the parking co will have wasted its mopney paying them to write to you ( shame!)

Now as you sent then a polite letter rather then one to tell them to get lost for being dishonest they are more likely to think you are a reasonable person and so will pay up rather than fight them. This makes it more likey they will get the OK to sue you as then you will pay up rather than fight.

Now it is up to you but I think any further correspondence is pointless so are you up for the fight?

If not then please say so as at least you can pay the £100 as long as you point out their unlawful practices before they issue a claim, once they get that far they wont drop the matter until they see your defence

Edited by dx100uk
space/spell

read the letter properly....

it wont say WILL anything feanor

and they