Section 75 Consumer Credit Act 1974

smallclaimshero
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2064 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

When you use Booking.com there is an intermediary between you and the provider of services (in this case a hotel) Are any users aware of a bank making a compensation payment to a customer for a substandard hotel under Section 75 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974, where Booking.com or other similar operators were involved?

As many of you will know, credit card companies are frequently claiming that there isn't a direct contractual link when there is an intermediary, but I'm looking for precedents for either settling such cases in the consumer's favour, or better still a judgment at court

. I have a Small Claims case coming up against a bank which denied my section 75 claim on this ground, and intend to test it in court.

I’m an experienced CAB-trained volunteer who has had lots of wins over various companies in the Small Claims Court.

Thank you.

Edited by dx100uk
font

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Thank you for this. They are interesting reports, and the second link does indeed bear on my case. The point is that my bank agrees that we were ripped off, but refuses to pay under section 75 because it thinks there is a break in the contract chain: Us --> Booking.com --> hotel in Vietnam. However, I think they have overlooked that Booking.com is not a travel agent - all payments are charged directly by the ultimate vendor to the customer, so the booking site is not an intermediary for payment, only for choice/confirmation. Do you agree with my thoughts on this?

Many thanks

Nick

Possibly but they will always look for a get out option first before they have to acquiesce :wink:

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread