Faulty PC Monitor Returned from Repair Scratched

Fenris
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2085 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

Hope someone can advise me what to do here.

To cut a [very] long story short, I left my Samsung PC monitor at Currys in Lincoln at the beginning of June. They sent it off to the repair centre and it came back about a week later. Due to ill health I couldn't get to pick it up until last Thursday. When I did it was wrapped up in bubble wrap and I didn't have the time to unwrap and check it in store (BIG mistake!).

I unwrapped it Monday evening and, to my absolute horror, it was covered in scratches! The whole of the bezel is just full of them; it looks like it's been laid on its front and then moved up and down on a desk, which is impressive as it's a curved screen! Now, I'm old-fashioned and like to keep my items in mint condition and this was no exception. The chap at Currys did a thorough check and confirmed there were no scratches on it before I left the store.

There's a whole back story to this that I won't go into unless anyone really wants me to, but basically I'd been having a to and fro with Samsung Customer Services since before Christmas, so I emailed them Monday saying how angry I was and that this was not the monitor I sent them. They've fobbed me off and are now telling me it arrived with them with "general wear". How the hell does a monitor, which sits on a desk for it's entire life, get "general wear" over the entire bezel?! Not possible. They've told me they're not going to do anything about it and I should contact Currys. But Currys have record of it being in mint condition with no scratches!

I should point out that, once I'd taken the bubble wrap off, I noticed that the bezel was covered in tape, you know, the stuff they put around new TVs for transit? I only took the top and half of the right side off, the rest is still attached, so the tape was applied after the scratches happened.

So, before I lug it back to Lincoln I thought I'd ask here what the best course of action is? Take it back to Currys? Have it out with Samsung? I really don't know what to do.

Thanks in advance,

Fen.

Back to currys and full complaint. Let them do the leg work. You want it back to the condition it was when you gave it them or a full like for like replacement.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D