style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2087 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all, I am about t take over the management of a house that has multiple tenants in it. The previous manager of the premises also lived in the house. He has disapeared with all of the tenants rents, paid none of it to the landlord and we are now getting demands from 'collect services' on behalf of reading council for unpaid parking fines.

The fine is for £408 and they are talking about the using 'the taking of goods (fees) regulation 2014 to take goods from the house, none of which is owned by the previous property manager. SO a couple of questions

1. Can they demand access?

2. Can they take goods if they cant prove they are the property of the previous property manager. ?

3. Are there any rules, regulations I can quote back to them to control their hostile approach.?

Thank you in advance for any advice

Edited by Andyorch
Paras

Hi and Welcome to CAG

I have moved your thread to the appropriate forum...please continue to post here to your thread.

Regards

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

You have not mentioned whether the parking debts owed to Reading Borough Council are the responsibility of the previous manger or any one of the multiple tenants.

As Collect Services are enforcing a warrant for a 'road traffic debt', the numberplate of the vehicle involved in the parking contravention appears on the warrant. It would be the vehicle that the bailiff would be looking at seizing. So the question is......is that vehicle at the premises?

Edited by Andyorch
Quotation removed unnecessary 1 post back

Hi,

The contravention relates to the previous property manager and not any of the tenants. The car is no longer at the premises as that PM has moved on. I guess my main concern was the heavy handed tactics some of these people use when often they have little authority.

As this debt is for an unpaid parking penalty, there is no provision for 'forced entry'. If one the tenants allows the enforcement agent into the property then there could be difficulty in trying to persuade the enforcement agent that goods within the property do not belong to the previous manager. The way to avoid this happening is to ensure that none of the tenants inadvertantly allow entry to a bailiff.

Edited by Andyorch
quote removed...not nessessary