Asset collections and Avant loan settlement figures

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1946 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I previously took Avant credit to the FOS won the case and had a £4500 loan reduced to £2200.

Avant then made me a good offer as I was struggling for money. They emailed me saying pay us £877 and we'll close the account.

I managed to get the money together and went to pay them £877, only to find Asset Collections now own this and will not accept anything less than 2k.

I have sent them the email from Avant. Which they have refused to accept.

Do I have any power here to keep the offer at £877?

why are you blindly offering to pay a powerless DCA they are not bailiffs

have you sent them a CCA request to check the debt is even enforceable?

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• 4 weeks later...
why are you blindly offering to pay a powerless DCA they are not bailiffs

have you sent them a CCA request to check the debt is even enforceable?

I sent them a CCA request after this, it's been just over 3 weeks since they signed for it, with no response.

Just wondering the best course of action now? I'm still getting the odd email and phone call from them threatening further action if nothing is done.

Do I just sit tight and wait?

ignore till they respond with an enforceable agreement that you scan up and we check

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• 2 weeks later...
ignore till they respond with an enforceable agreement that you scan up and we check

I've had the credit agreement back and now i'm getting emails with

"We have been trying to contact you to discuss your account but have had no response to date. Our goal is to resolve this matter with you, however if we do not hear from you we will have little option but to refer this matter, which may result in commencing legal proceedings against you.

This would result in a claim being registered with HM Courts and Tribunals Service (England & Wales), Northern Ireland Courts and Tribunal Service (Northern Ireland) or Sheriff Court (Scotland) with a view to gaining a County Court Judgment (England & Wales) or Decree (Northern Ireland & Scotland) against you.

Please note; in the event of a claim being registered, we are legally entitled to add costs to the outstanding balance.

However, even at this late stage you can prevent this by contacting our Customer Care Team who are trained to understand your personal circumstances and to establish an affordable repayment plan where appropriate. Also, subject to affordability we are open to consider all reasonable offers of settlement.

ACI are committed to treating everyone with courtesy, compassion and understanding to help you manage your financial situation."

Block and bounce emails

and they

Very much sounds like its unenforceable and theyre just throwing out threatograms. If something legit came, it would come by post. Not email.

Also:

ACI are committed to treating everyone with courtesy, compassion and understanding to help you manage your financial situation.

Nice of them to give me a good laugh this morning.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Looks ok sadly

and they

Sit on your hands for now. I would wait and see if they issue a letter of claim, then you can do whats needed. Theyve already shown theres something funky with the debt. Wait and see if something comes through the post.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

have you moved since taking this out?

and they

reductions normally mean they know its a lemon debt but theyre still trying to milk money from you.

Thats strange its not showing

Unless they've cleared it as part of their deal?

and they

What is the defaulted date they state?

and they

Id let this run a while

and they

• 2 months later...

I know it's an email and not written instruction but I've had a "Instruction of TM Legal Services Limited" come through.

"TM Legal Services Limited are instructed by us to commence the legal process. You will shortly receive communication from TM Legal Services Limited, which will include details of how you can contact them."

Should I still ignore this?

Yep. Wait for something in the post. Note how they dont define legal process. It could be the start of sending a PaP letter, it could also just be them trying to send more threatograms. Plus note how they sent it by email, and not post. They have no idea if the email is being used, and its very likely automated and no human apart from you have seen it.

• Confused 1

block their email address and bounce that one back as undelivered.

keep confusing them.

its simply a free way to sc@m people that think they have magical legal powers they don't.

and they