style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2085 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I received an enforcement notice on 23 July 2018 for PCN issued by Harrow council on 14 March 2015.

Prior to this I had not received any written communication about the original contravention as it seems that the original PCN was sent to my old home address.

In July 2017, whilst paying for another PCN (issued in June 2017) from Harrow council on the website I learnt about this older PCN (from 14 March 2015).

I had approached Harrow Council via email (they do not have any phone number) and enquired about this PCN. I told them I had never received any communication on the March 2015 PCN, and whether they can resend the PCN to my current address and what is the dispensation for paying the discounted amount given that I was not aware of the issuance of this PCN.

I was informed via email reply that:

"Unfortunately we are unable to resend to your current address. If you wish to challenge the charge please wait until you receive the Order of Recovery where you will be able to make a declaration on the grounds that you didn't receive the original charge."

In regards to your question, an Order for Recovery is the next stage after the Charge Certificate. When it is issued, you can file for a Statutory Declaration form. This forms give you the opportunity to challenge the Notice."

Following many email follow-ups to the Harrow Parking, I got an Enforcement Notice for the Outstanding PCN amount requesting a payment of GBP248.

The Enforcement agency did not know anything about the statutory declaration form and they essentially advised to speak Harrow council. We agreed on an arrangement where I pay GBP75 and pay remaining amount over next 3 months which allows me to go back to Harrow council and challenge the original PCN.

Few questions I have:

1. Do I have any possibility of challenging a PCN after the Enforcement Notice? Especially given the original PCN was never sent to me? Or should I pay the full GBP248 enforcement agency fine?

2. Can I challenge request a reduced payment of PCN assuming that I am at fault as I never got an original PCN where they do offer a discounted payment?

I will appreciate guidance from the members from the forum based on your experience on this matter. Thanks for your help.

They advised your correctly to "wait until you receive the Order of Recovery where you will be able to make a declaration on the grounds that you didn't receive the original charge."

Did you do that? That's the only process open to you. If you've let it run on I doubt you can do anything except pay.

Thanks Jamberson. I asked Enforcement agency whether I can make a statutory declaration. They did not know anything about this, and advised me to get in touch with Harrow council.

Is it Harrow council where I need to make statutory declaration? Its not clear from their website (and they have no phone number for getting in touch) what is the process for doing such statutory declaration.

Please advise what would be the approach to take.

Moved to bailiff forum

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Thanks Jamberson. I asked Enforcement agency whether I can make a statutory declaration. They did not know anything about this, and advised me to get in touch with Harrow council.

Is it Harrow council where I need to make statutory declaration? Its not clear from their website (and they have no phone number for getting in touch) what is the process for doing such statutory declaration.

Please advise what would be the approach to take.

Did you receive the Order for Recovery?

No, the first communication I got was for Enforcement Action. There were no communications I got prior to this.

Thats why this feels bit unfair. I never got the original PCN via post neither the order of recovery. The only communication is the enforcement action where I am told to pay or bailiffs will be sent ...

I found out about this PCN accidentally when I was paying online for another PCN.

I then got in touch with Parking enforcement at Harrow Council.

They emailed me back saying that I should get an Order of Recovery.

This never came through and the only communication I have received is the enforcement action.