Engagement ring issue

ajones1
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2083 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I purchased an engagement ring for my fiance and chose it off a stock ring they had in store, however I wanted a bigger stone.

The store showed me a mocked up version of the same ring but with a bigger diamond than I requested.

The bigger ring had a gap which the stock ring did not and I specifically asked the question (would my purchased ring not have the gap) as I preferred it without.

The shop assistant presumed it had the gap because it was a mock up and may have been rushed.

I wanted a stone sized between them both, which after speaking with the assistant thought it would arrive as planned because she'd reassured me.

I waited a month for the ring to come in store and I was picking it up the day before I was leaving to go on holiday where I planned to propose.

When picking up the ring I noticed that my ring did have a gap between the middle stone and the halo diamonds and have since come home and they have offered to fill the gap with silver (the one I have purchased is platinum), to make it appear more like what I originally saw.

I just wondered where I stand on this as I feel that I haven't received what I was promised and although they're trying to rectify the issue, I would have much preferred the ring in its original form without any filling but just as I'd seen it.

I was also advised to get the ring in a size M because I didn't know her exact size but did say she had skinny fingers. The ring is 7 sizes too big and because either side of the stone there are diamonds, she cannot have the same band made smaller because they can eventually fall out due to the amount of pressure put on it to make it smaller.

We are quite disappointed with that as obviously she wants the ring that I proposed with but now we must have a totally new band and have all of the diamonds transferred into the new band.

We were also originally told that this would take 2-2 and a half weeks and it is now taking 3 plus the time to fill the ring and transfer all of the diamonds across so it will be more like 3 and a half in total.

Seems like such a polava considering it is a big purchase to make.

Edited by dx100uk
Spacing

Ive popped some paragraphs in for you and moving your thread to General retail forum

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I would have rejected the goods as being wrong from the outset. Now, by accepting it with all of the alterations you have formed a different sort of contract whereby you now have to let them put things right rather than just say "this isnt right I dont want it and wont be paying for it" If it still doesnt match up to the mock up then you can reject but you will be on shakier grounds.