how the mighty have [are] falling

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1998 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

After Marston's have lost the MOJ contract for magistrates court fines enforcement,they have just started a liquidation process on a few of the company's under the umbrella.

My heart bleeds

Thread moved to the appropriate forum.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Which companies do you mean?

Are they ones not showing as in liquidation now?

I can only see 8 companies of which he's been a director that have been put into liquidation and those are all Members Voluntary Liquidations which are not connected to lack of money, it is just a method of bringing a company to an end when it has fullfilled its function. A declaration of solvency has to be filed in such liquidations (Insolvency Act 1986 sections 89 and 90.)

So people liquidate viable solvent companies because they have got bored of them then. My observation on these things is that directors keep the multiple companies running even if their turnover is only a couple of quid a year so they can hide their money there if needs be. Also handy for taking out second mortgages on premises etc. In short, winding up a company isnt a method of first resort.

Edited by Andyorch
Typos

My observation on these things is that directors keep the multiple companies running even if their turnover is only a couple of quid a year so they can hide their money there if needs be. Also handy for taking out second mortgages on premises etc.

Keeping a Limited Company open when it is has a turnover of a 'couple of quid' a year is simply barmy. There would still have to be audit reports etc and other regulatory company returns and the accountancy fees alone would not be cheap.

you get small co exemptions so you dont need to file full accounts etc.

loom at the history of directorships for the person who runs London Pumps. has more than 10 other co's just sitting idle with shared mortgages on the same property just waiting for one co to fail so he can shovel the assets down the line.

No need to phoenix then, just use a differetn letterhead.

Keeping a Limited Company open when it is has a turnover of a 'couple of quid' a year is simply barmy. There would still have to be audit reports etc and other regulatory company returns and the accountancy fees alone would not be cheap.

• 2 months later...
Which companies do you mean?

Are they ones not showing as in liquidation now?

I can only see 8 companies of which he's been a director that have been put into liquidation and those are all Members Voluntary Liquidations which are not connected to lack of money, it is just a method of bringing a company to an end when it has fullfilled its function. A declaration of solvency has to be filed in such liquidations (Insolvency Act 1986 sections 89 and 90.)

They would hardly have invoked this "method" if this profitable contract had been awarded, as sgt bush says. Or are you saying that these reductions would have taken place anyway?

DO NOT PAY UPFRONT FEES TO COLD CALLERS PROMISING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS

DO NOT PAY UPFRONT FEES FOR COSTLY TELEPHONE CONSULTATIONS WITH SO CALLED "EXPERTS" THEY INVARIABLY ARE NOTHING OF THE SORT

BEWARE OF QUICK FIX DEBT SOLUTIONS, IF IT LOOKS LIKE IT IS TO GOOD TO BE TRUE IT INVARIABLY IS