style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2088 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello all.

So todayI received a “CONTROL OF GOODS” letter at my house from Newlyn. It was for a PCN which I had received, whilst the car was registered in my mum’s name.

Since this January, the car has been registered in my name. Also, the house is in my name, but the car has always been registered at my home address.

Cut a long story short, my folks split their time between our house in Spain and the UK.

When in the UK, they are based at my address.

They wanted £248 paid by the 11/07, but the letter wasn’t received by them until the 22/07, as my folks were away until then. Upon seeing the letter, I paid £98 on the 24/07 and paid the remaining £75 yesterday. My plan was to have it paid by the end of the month. In total, I paid £173 for the PCN.

This did not include the £75 compliance charge which I wasn’t going to pay.

Although, I was going to send Newlyn a letter asking them to justify their compliance fee. The ticket was from Ealing council and wasn’t the first one I’ve had from them, so I don’t have a problem paying the actual ticket. That was £175.

My concern with that is that Ealing council never sent through any notifications that I had forgotten to pay the original PCN. If they had done, it would have been with any post addressed to my mum. And having had tickets in her name before due to my parking, I’d have heard about it 

When my folks came back, the first they’d heard about it was when a letter from Newlyn arrived. This is something I need to deal with after as my main concern is Newlyn returning to my house. I believe I need to get my mum to send off a TE7 form to the Traffic Enforcement Centre as at the time, the car was in her name.

Am I correct in this ?

I’m not contesting the PCN. I received the ticket and never paid for it.However, it seemed to go straight to the enforcement stage. This morning, I received an unsealed, hand delivered letter through my letterbox. It was dated the 17/07/18, which already got alarm bells ringing for me.

It was the “control of goods letter” saying to either pay £826 straight away, or have goods removed. I haven’t contacted them yet, as I wanted to get some advice on the matter first.

Can my car be clamped, or removed if it’s now in my name and on my drive? I’m self-employed too and use the car for work purposes. Also, can they enter my house forcefully?

By that, I mean can they force locks open to get in and remove goods? And if they do turn up, what should I be saying and asking?

My plan was to contact the person who left me the letter this morning, as they left a contact number.Also, to contact Newlyn. As far as I’m concerned, the £173 for the PCN has been paid. Anything else is just Newlyn trying to get money from me.

What really concerns me is the two-week discrepancy from the date on the letter, to when they posted it through my letterbox. Like I said, I had no problem paying the PCN but £656 in “fees” is just robbery.

I’ve been looking over various parts of the forum today to see if others have had similar situations. Seems I’m not alone 

I hope that all made sense.

Edited by Andyorch
Re edited

Hello all.

I received a “CONTROL OF GOODS” letter at my house from Newlyn. It was for a PCN which I had received, whilst the car was registered in my mum’s name. Since this January, the car has been registered in my name.

Also, the house is in my name, but the car has always been registered at my home address. Cut a long story short, my folks split their time between our house in Spain and the UK. When in the UK, they are based at my address.

My concern with that is that Ealing council never sent through any notifications that I had forgotten to pay the original PCN. If they had done, it would have been with any post addressed to my mum. And having had tickets in her name before due to my parking, I’d have heard about it 

When my folks came back, the first they’d heard about it was when a letter from Newlyn arrived. This is something I need to deal with after as my main concern is Newlyn returning to my house.

I believe I need to get my mum to send off a TE7 form to the Traffic Enforcement Centre as at the time, the car was in her name.

I have to be honest here by saying that your above post is quite complicated and in particular, by your reference to YOU having just received a Control of Goods letter from Newlyn. I am assuming (and please correct me if I am wrong), but the letter is not addressed to you....but to your mother.

I am also confused by this comment of yours:

Also, the house is in my name, but the car has always been registered at my home address.

Cut a long story short, my folks split their time between our house in Spain and the UK.

When in the UK, they are based at my address.

PS: By not paying the compliance fee (of £75), you have only made a part payment towards the warrant and Newlyn are legally entitled to enforce for the balance.....and almost certainly will do.

When the initial penalty charge notice was issued, was your mother in the UK? Was she living at the address where the vehicle had been registered?

They wanted £248 paid by the 11/07, but the letter wasn’t received by them until the 22/07, as my folks were away until then.Upon seeing the letter, I paid £98 on the 24/07 and paid the remaining £75 yesterday. My plan was to have it paid by the end of the month. In total, I paid £173 for the PCN.

This did not include the £75 compliance charge which I wasn’t going to pay. Although, I was going to send Newlyn a letter asking them to justify their compliance fee.

The ticket was from Ealing council and wasn’t the first one I’ve had from them, so I don’t have a problem paying the actual ticket. That was £175.

This morning, I received an unsealed, hand delivered letter through my letterbox. It was dated the 17/07/18, which already got alarm bells ringing for me.

It was the “control of goods letter” saying to either pay £826 straight away, or have goods removed.

As far as I’m concerned, the £173 for the PCN has been paid. Anything else is just Newlyn trying to get money from me.

What really concerns me is the two-week discrepancy from the date on the letter, to when they posted it through my letterbox.

Like I said, I had no problem paying the PCN but £656 in “fees” is just robbery.

The part of your post that does make sense if that there had been an initial letter to request £248 and payment had to be made by 11th July. This sum was not paid by that date. Furthermore, you only made a part payment (minus the compliance fee). Given that the amount due was not made by the due date, it would be obvious to me that Newlyn would have made a personal visit which would add a £235 enforcement fee to this debt.

You have now received another letter. This time the debt is over £800. Almost certainly, this letter is in relation to another unpaid penalty....and the balance of the other ticket (which you have only made a part payment against).