Three UK Default Difficulties***Resolved** *

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2007 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have 2 defaults on m credit record from Hutchinson 3 UK which i am having massive difficulties resolving.

On Experian they both have an outstanding balance.

I have called 3 who have stated that there is no outstanding balance, but that it has been written off as "bad debt".

Apparently it went to a DCA May 2017, who then sent it back to 3 at some point in November 2017 as uncollectable.

It was uncollectable as i had move out of that address 4 years ago......when i moved i called 3 and asked my my address to be changed.

Obviously that didnt happen, and then beginning of last year i called to cancel my contract(outside of terms, i had been with them for 4 years).

The last bill i never received as the address on the account hadnt been changed.

Whatever though, thats not really the issue.

The last week i have been trying to make payment for the arrears to get to marked as settled on my credit report.

Three wont take payment as its been written off, and the debt agency it went to apparently hold no records as it was returned to 3 over 6 months ago.

Just looking for some advice on how to get this resolved?

I've raised a complaint but need to wait until they respond at this point.

What i want is for the default balance on my credit file to be a big fat 0.

If three are unable to take payment off me so i can clear it, then i would like them to report it as being 0 if they have written it off

Edited by dx100uk
spacing

has your lender told you that if the defaults are marked as settled they will lend you the money?

the defaults will still be there paid or unpaid for 6yrs

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

becareful upon the words satisfied and settled.

they are 2 differing things on a credit report.

so how is paying it now going to show it settled 12mts ago?

to meet the lender requirements?

I would suspect these 2 defaults are the same debt

one under 3 [with a zero bal as that's whats happens when a debt is sold on]

and another [but the same defaulted date] with te outstanding balance in the DCA's name?

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

It won’t show it satisfied 12 months ago, but it will in 12 months time.

These are 2 separate contracts I had with 3. 2 different numbers. No idea why they didn’t amalgate under one account but that’s irrelevant anyway

might pay you to send 3 an sar its free now

could reveal lots to your favour ways to batter them whilst awaiting their complaint investigation

and they

A week after submitting my complaint i get a canned response asking for my account numbers, addresses etc.

Which i had already included in my initial complaint email...

Doesnt bode well for this actually getting resolved to my satisfaction

sent that SAR?

and they

already ans in post6

and they

I received a call from 3 this morning regarding this complaint. Had to go through all the details again, including giving my OLD postcode for the millionth time as they still havent changed my address.

This time the assistant stated the debt had been sold to Lowell in 2017. This is the first time i have been told this, first i was told it was written off, then it was with past due collections, now its with Lowell....

Funny thing is i called Lowell a month ago to sort out payments on another issue. Asked them to check my current and previous address for any issues and was told they had nothing else recorded against my name or addresses.

If its indeed been sold to Lowell i asked the agent why are 3 still reporting the debt to the CRA's, and not Lowell, He had no answer.

I quoted the transcript of an earlier recorded call i had from a colleague of his, whereby the agent stated that 3 had recorded a credit to the account and that no money was due to 3 or to a 3rd party. He declined to comment.

At this point the agent stated his full and final resolution to my complaint was that i had to contact lowell directly, and that 3 would send a letter to my home address stating this as their full and final resolutuion. Guess what address they are going to send it to? yep, my old address....

At this point where do i go from here? I'm never going to get this f&f resolution letter, but can i now go to the ombudsman as three state they have closed the complaint?

Funny thing is i called Lowell a month ago to sort out payments on another issue. Asked them to check my current and previous address for any issues and was told they had nothing else recorded against my name or addresses.

it puzzles me why after being here +10yrs you still persist in ringing powerless DCA's and blindly paying them on a debt

and they

And that is your prerogative welly_59...nothing wrong with that as long as your fully aware how this industry works....and that LOwell will have paid 10/15p in the £ for your debt.

Paying it off wont improve your credit files.

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Thats where i beg to differ Andy. If a mortgage lender states that they will lend but only if all defaults have been paid off, then in that situation paying off a default does improve your creditworthiness with that institution

Some will lend.....even when poultry amount defaults are concerned...depends which lender you approach.

Some wont even with Satisfied or Settled marked on the file...horses for courses.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

hope you checked the debt was legally enforceable first before paying for the dca to go away on a free holiday or buy all their drinkies that night...?

and they

i do not owe them any chicken or guinea fowl, but the value of the default is paltry at £65. All i am asking is to be able to mark the default as satisfied so i can meet lending criteria

hope you checked the debt was legally enforceable first before paying for the dca to go away on a free holiday or buy all their drinkies that night...?

I could keep batting some of my past misdemeanors away, and if there are discrepancies then i will do that. Its just that i have been the victim of backdoor CCJ's in the past and if i can aford to pay what i owe, and not add extra court costs, then i will

well for £65...probably not worth arguing.

now all you've gotta hope is they do mark the file and the lender keeps to their word.

on this three default, I wont if lowells passed it back but three wont buy it back as they don't want to pay lowells?

and its just sitting somewhere which is why they cant accept payment?

did you ever prove Notice of assignment?

or is this tied up in the fact you moved and went to an old address like the backdoor CCJ's

and they

I have not seen or asked for any notice of assignment.

In regards to Lowell, today was the first time i was told it had ever been passed to them.

In the past i had been told it was with PastDue Collections, and PD collections stated they had no record as it was too long ago.

PD/Lowell could be the same company for all i know.

If i request a SAR from 3, will that contain evidence of the debt being moved around etc?

SAR submitted and a notice of dispute raised with Equifax/Experian/CallCredit.

Maybe one of those can get some sense out of 3.

Should i go ahead and contact ICO/ombudsman at this point or would it be best to see what comes of the SAR and the notices of dispute with the CRA's?

PDC don't buy debts they only chase for their stated client.

and no they are nothing to do with Lowells

the NOA would have gone to whatever address was registered with the OC 3

pers id gather evidence before you start firing your arrows

an sar can be very revealing esp the comms or account log, whereby they type up what actions the opo at the time is taking on the account.

NOD's don't really achieve anything much now-a-days sadly but lets see.

whos name is against the defaults?

3 or a DCA?

and they

3 has their name against the default. Thats why i am stating its their remit to resolve. If it had been sold to lowell i would expect to see lowells name against ti. If 3 have written it off, then they need to put the value to 0 and state its been settled