Marc Gander - The Consumer Survival Handbook

A 220 page introduction to all things consumer related by our own BankFodder.

Includes energy companies, mobile phone providers, retailers, banks, insurance companies,debt collection agencies, reclaim companies, secondhand car sellers, cowboy garages, cowboy builders and all the rest who put their own profits before you.

£6.99

Patricia Pearl - Small Claims Procedure - A Practical Guide

An excellent guide for the layperson in how to use the County Court - a must if you are intending to start a claim.

£19.99 + £1.50 (P&P)

+ Reply to Thread
    Basic Account Holder
    Do you record your calls?
    You'll regret it if you don't.
    Vanquished_ Novitiate

Follow Real_CAG on Twitter
    Cagger since : Jul 2018

Default 2993 Debt Vanquis Credit Card - Need Payment Plan

Afternoon Everyone.

I've been reading other peoples threads regarding Vanquis and have come up with good information but have decided to make my own thread to be able to keep track of this and to add to the information hopefully,

I also have questions.
    This is my only debt apart from my student loan
    it is large and I am worried it will ruin my credit score,

I would like to get a debt planicon for something that I can afford and then maybe make them an offer when I can to have the debt wiped with no CCJ.

I owe 2993 with a limit of 3000 as of yet I havent missed a payment since the account was opened in late 2014,
    I have up until 2 August 2018 to make a minimum payment of 151 but that will be dificult..
    I would like to get the account frozen and then work out an affordable way to pay.

One thing I have read on another thread about dealing with Vanquis that it is wise to pay for a Subject access requesticon for all my statements,
    I think that would be a good idea because my account has always been paperless and the online ones only go back for 12 months..

I have also noticed that while browsing a couple of them that there are lots of charges every month like;
    Purchase Interest, Cash Interest (But I have never ever borrowed cash against my card), Promotional Purchase Interest, Cash Advance Fee (Again, Never taken cash)

I have also seen PPIicon being discussed but I'm not sure whether that applies to me.

What should my steps be to solve this mess,
    Learn from it and eventually move on?
    My printer is at the ready,

Thanks in advance everyone,

L.

Site Team The Consumer Action Group Andyorch Highly authoritative Andyorch Highly authoritative Andyorch Highly authoritative Andyorch Highly authoritative Andyorch Highly authoritative Andyorch Highly authoritative Andyorch Highly authoritative Andyorch Highly authoritative Andyorch Highly authoritative Andyorch Highly authoritative Andyorch Highly authoritative Andyorch's Avatar

Cagger since : Sep 2007

Default Re: 2993 Debt Vanquis Credit Card - Need Payment Plan

Data Subject access requesticon is now free due to the recent changes GDPRicon.

https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.u...Access-Request

Regards

Andy

Site Team dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk's Avatar

Cagger since : Dec 2006

I don't think there is anyway you are going to avoid a trashed credit file if you don't pay by the due date.

Basic Account Holder
    Vanquished_ Novitiate

Ok so my first call of action would be the Subject Access reuest? I'll get on that now and in the post and keep people updated.

No talking on the phone right??

Site Team dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk's Avatar

yes
    yes

Basic Account Holder
    Vanquished_ Novitiate

First of all, Thankyou to each and every one of you that spent time to reply to me with good information on what todo next,

I have sent my Subject access requesticon to Vanquis Head Quarters (Which correct me if I'm wrong its almost imposible to find on their official website.. Transparity is key people! Ha ha.

my question being,
    While I've been waiting for some confirmation that the letter was received and also the information is being collacted to be sent back to me is my account frozen?
    I notice my balance has increased by 120 for no reason that I can see..

Is there a seperate letter I need to send them explaining I can't pay,
    I need to make a payment plan and the account needs to be forzen asap..
    Can you guys help me again please?
    After this I will never use Cred Cards again after this..
    • I will get these debts paid
    • 3 months emergency fund 9rent,bills,living expenses
    • Then working onto Financial Independence
    Thanks again,

Vanquished.

pro rata offer if they freeze int and waive charges
    in the debt collectionicon section of the libraryicon

Gold Account Holder Old Cogger Highly informative Old Cogger Highly informative Old Cogger Highly informative Old Cogger Highly informative Old Cogger Highly informative Old Cogger Highly informative Old Cogger Highly informative Old Cogger Highly informative Old Cogger's Avatar

Cagger since : Nov 2008

Vanquis Visa Card customer servicesicon
    PO Box 399, Chatham ME4 4WQ

or

Vanquis Bank Limited
    No. 1, Godwin Street, Bradford, West Yorkshire, BD1 2SU

Reclaim the Right Ltd. - reg.05783665 in the UK reg. office:- 923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE
We use cookies to personalise content and ads and to provide social media features. We also share information about your use of our site with our advertising and analytics partners. See details