Virgin media unreturned equipment

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2068 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

VM are trying to charge me £40 for an unreturned router.

I moved house and they sent me the packaging to return it two weeks after I moved out.

The router is probably still in my old place.

They are insisting that I go back, find it and send it to them or I will be charged the £40.

I'm reading stories on this forum of people being chased by debt collectors and credit scores being affected.

I'm scared of this.

Should I just pay the £40?

Edited by dx100uk
Spacing

Dca's are not bailiffs

How long before you moved did you inform them you were moving?

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

29 days.

Because I didn't give them 30 days notice,

they charged me a very small, prorated amount to account for the extra day.

They told me over a live chat that they will be sending me a bag to my old address 10-14 days from the date of my notice (I have a record of this).

If they had done that, I would have been able to return the router before I moved out.

They instead sent it to me weeks after I moved out.

Edited by dx100uk
spacing

Do you no longer have access to your old address ?

Is it possible the new owner may still have it ?

Simply solution it to try and get it and return it if possible.

If they sent you the bag to your new address then obviously they had acted too late .

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

I don't have access to the old property.

They knew my moving out date and promised to send me the packaging to return the router 2 weeks before I moved out

- they instead sent it to me 3 weeks after I moved out. (This was all on live chat.)

They are saying that in spite of this, the T&C of my contract state that I am responsible for the equipment until it's returned and that I should've carried it to my new property.

send them the line chat

and you also want proof of where it says to remove equipment from where its registered too.

don't think you are allowed to do that without their written permission?

pers i'd ignore them.

but see what happens

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Mmmmm.....

5. If you cancel under the cooling off period you must return any equipment with which you have been provided promptly, using the returns method provided with the equipment or otherwise notified by us to you. You will be responsible for the costs of returning the equipment to us and we may charge you our direct return costs (including by offsetting this against any money we owe you).

17. If you fail to return or make available for removal any item of the equipment which we have provided to you, you may have to pay extra charges for such equipment, including the replacement cost and reasonable recovery costs as set out in the price guides. In addition to our other rights, we reserve the right to bring proceedings against you for the return of our equipment.

I cant find anything with regards to removing the equipment to your new address in the event that have failed to arrange collection on time...whether it would be legally allowed.... and therefore can only assume that they acted late in collection....and making you the scapegoat for their inefficiency.

I suppose you could arrange with the new owner to " make available for removal " and inform VM to collect it. ?

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread