Potential sale of company

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2069 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Does my Employer have to tell me and my colleagues if they are currently looking for a buyer as they wish to sell the Company. Or only once they have found a Buyer.

I have just found out that my company which is a Ltd Co and owned by 2 shareholders is having due diligence done with the intent to put it "out there" for sale.

There is only a legal requirement for the shareholders to contact you if there is going to be any change in terms and conditions as a result of the sale.

The fact that the company is being sold does not itself affect your terms and conditions of employment. Sometimes a new owner may want to make changes. Though a good owner will try to reassure employees that everything is 'business is usual'.

If the shareholders are only investigating a possible sale, it may take months or years before a sale actually goes through. It can sometimes take a long time to find a buyer who is prepared to pay an acceptable price for the business.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS